Slice

This is a filler chapter.

More events are coming VERY soon :)

I jumped when the door opened out of surprise.

When I realized who it was, I flinched away.

"Hey," he said awkwardly.

"Hi."

"I just wanted to see how you were doing. You seemed pretty upset earlier." he said.

"Oh, I'm fine." I assured, though it was a lie.

He nodded and cleared his throat. "Anyways..I wanted to talk. I wanted to apologize." he came forward and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Why?"

"For getting you into this. I brought you back to HYDRA. I'm sorry." he said, obviously upset.

I shook my head and smiled. "You don't have to be sorry." I said in a sweet, reassuring voice. "It wasn't your fault." Him being here made me not so afraid any more. He actually kinda had a calming presence.

"Still..I'm so sorry." he frowned.

"That's okay. I don't blame you."

He smiled a small smile. We stared into each others eyes for a long moment and then snapped out when we realized what we were doing.

"So, anything come back yet?" he asked casually.

"No. It's all coming back slow still."

"Oh. Well don't worry. You'll get there." he smiled and left the room.

Something in me wanted him to come back.

<><><><><><><><>

*1 month later*

I was doing much better, physiologically and physically. I gotten many memories back and my body seemed to heal the damage done by HYDRA. The others considered me and Bucky as apart of their team.

We've been going on little missions here and there, but overall, everything was great.

We had just gotten back from a little fight. I had a large, open knife wound on my arm. One of the goons had sliced me with their knife. I pulled out a rag and tried putting pressure on the bleeding wound.

Well, bleeding was an understatement. It was gushing blood. My body felt weak from blood loss and I tried to put as much pressure as possible.

Bucky realized and came to help me. He pressed firmly against it with a worried look.

"I'm fine Buck." I smiled weakly.

"No you're not."

He treated the wound and wrapped it in gauze. "Thanks." I said. I looked down at the bloody mess on my hands. I wasn't as affected as the average Joe would be.

I blinked my eyes from sudden weariness. I hadn't really slept in the last 36 hours and blood loss didn't help. I stood up but immediately fell and blacked out.

-----

I woke up in bed with Bucky resting a cold cloth on my head. Tasha stood behind him preparing some kind of medicine.

"Oh hey." I said in a sleep filled voice. I grunted as I sat up. "What happened?"

"You blacked out." said Tash.

"Oh. I was just sleep deprived is all. And blood loss. But I'm fine now." I said in a fake chippery tone. I lifted my upper body but Nat used her finger to push me back down.

"You had a pretty bad fever. That super serum shit should have stopped that but I guess their experiment didn't work as well at they thought." she said.

I sighed and laid back down. There was no winning a fight with Natasha.

"Here, just take so Tylenol for now. I don't know what medicines will work for you yet." she said.

I took the pill and swallowed it dry. I felt it as it went slowly down my throat. Tasha stopped her hand mid-way through the air as she held a cup of water.

"Nevermind then." she said and set the glass down again.

"You guys know I'm just fine. I don't need this. I've seen worse." I said.

"I'll leave you to sleep then." She said in a fake offended tone. I laughed and nodded.

Bucky left the cloth on my head and followed Natasha out.

But again, I found myself wanting him to come back.

--------

I woke up the next morning to smell the faint odor of sweet bacon. I got up and readied myself for the day. I put on a loose, flowing, white summer dress that hung at the shoulders. I stayed barefoot and headed for the kitchen.

"Morning." I greeted everyone.

They greeted back with waves, nods and "Heys".

I sat down on the island bar stool with a banana. I peeled the top and took a bite.

"How you feeling?" asked Bucky.

"I'm fine. I don't think the Tylenol worked though." I chuckled. "It's pretty much healed though. It's weird."

"What, so you got super healing too?" asked Sam in a joking manner.

"Maybe." I unraveled the gauze on my arm to reveal a, practically healed, scabby mark.

"That should have taken a couple weeks or more to fully heal at least." said Banner.

I shrugged. I had no clue what I was capable of but a part of me didn't want to know.