chapter seventeen

Let me start off by saying that 2020 so far for me hasn't been really good. It took me a while to find the will to write something again bc I wanted to write something that's really worth the read.

Thankfully, I found that will to do it again! Hopefully, this would be more entertaining to read than the previous chapter xD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Try this one."

"Eh, I really don't think red's my color. Besides, my hair's already red."

"Point taken." Pepper agreed, putting back the gown. "What color would you want?"

"I guess anything other than rainbows and red is fine." Allie asserted, grumbling, "Why can't I wear a dress instead?"

Pepper kept looking through the gowns without batting her an eyelash. "Because it's a formal event, and dresses aren't really that formal."

"It's just going to be held at the compound jeez." She complained. As much as she enjoyed shopping, she think that it was ridiculous that she still had to wear a gown. "I can wear a dress and still look classy."

"Well, it's your choice." Pepper gave in.

"Yay."

Sharon piped in, "Did Tony invite other... you know... other important people?"

"Knowing Tony, probably." A gasp escaped her mouth as soon as she saw the perfect gown for her to wear, "Oh, this is gorgeous." She held it up for the ladies to see, "What do you think?"

It was a gold, backless, long-sleeved gown. Both ladies mirrored her expression.

"It's perfect, Pep!" Sharon squealed, "I bet it's going to hug your curves perfectly."

"Yeah, no doubt Mr. Stark's going to have his jaw dropping at the sight of you." Allie added with a grin.

Pepper turned to Natasha, who was looking at the gown with a lost look in her eyes. "Nat? What do you think?"

It took her a while to snap out of her daze. "It's beautiful, Pep. I..." She smiled, though Pepper could see right through her. "You should try it on."

Her excitement was quickly replaced with a look of concern. "You okay?" She noticed that during the whole shopping trip, Natasha had been awfully quiet. And she knew the spy, she may be reserved and quite the mystery type, but whenever they were together, she was usually a blabbermouth just like her.

Natasha nodded, shaking off her feelings with a subtle smirk. "Of course I am, we're going shopping using Tony's credit cards anyway. What could be more fun than that?"

Allie sighed, knowing full well that her mom wasn't fine at all. She's being a stubborn one as usual.

Pepper rolled her eyes, smiling at her. "Wait here," She turned away only to quickly come back, "Uh, Sharon, you think you could help me zip this..."

Sharon quickly followed on, "Sure, come on. You could help me zip up too."

And there left, Natasha and Natasha's mini-me.

Natasha broke the silence before it could lace any awkwardness, "You think I should experiment trying on a different color than black?" She browse through the gowns and dresses, "Because I've always worn black in almost everything."

Allie looked surprised, raising an eyebrow, "You're going to give up your signature color?"

Natasha sighed, agreed with a click of her tongue, "You're right..."