Spencer

After Lia leaves, I'm left wondering if 'going out for drinks' is actually her and Emily going on a date.

I called to make sure that she got there safely and she assured me that she had. I told her to let me know when she was on her way home, too.

Now, it's two in the morning and I'm sitting in my room, waiting on her. I know she said she'd call when she's on her way, but what if something happened? What if she got into a cab and the driver kidnapped her? What if she got shot in the street? What if—

My cell phone rings, flashing Ophelia's name on the front screen. Thank god.

I flip open the phone and answer right away. "Lia?"

"Hey!" She says happily.

"Hi. Are you on your way home?"

I hear some giggling and a quiet 'Em, stop it!' before she answers me. "No, I just wanted to let you know that I'm gonna stay at Emily's tonight." This is followed up with what sounds like a quiet moan and lips smacking.

Are they...?

"If you need a ride, I can come pick you up." I offer this, feeling my face heat up the tiniest bit.

"I'm fine. Really, I'm good! I'll see you tomorrow!"

Before I can even say anything back, the line goes dead.

She's having sex with Emily.

She's having sex with Emily!

My face is burning up and I don't know what to do. There's nothing I can do.

Why am I upset over this?

Am I seriously jealous that Lia is sleeping with someone?

She's just my friend.

I dial Morgan's number, hoping that he's awake, and hop off of my bed to walk around the apartment.

It rings twice before he picks up.

"What is so important that you're interrupting my Saturday night? It better be good, Reid—"

"Ophelia is sleeping with Emily!" I blurt, feeling like the bubbles that come out of a champagne bottle when you pop the cork out.

Derek is silent for a few seconds. "Alright, I'm not as upset that you called now. How do you know?"

"Emily took her out for drinks tonight and Lia just called to tell me she wasn't coming home and she was giggling and saying 'Em, stop it!' and I heard a moan and lips smacking!"

"Whoa, hey, chill out. Slow down," He tells me in a soothing tone. "Reid, the best I can give you is this: Emily and Ophelia are both adults. They can and will do what they want."

I sigh and run a hand through my hair, pacing the kitchen now. "I know that. I know. I just..."

"Kid, if you want to be with Ophelia—"

I cut him off. "I told you, I like her as a friend."

"Then what are you so upset about? That your coworker is sleeping with your friend? You told me 'Ophelia is sleeping with Emily', not the other way around. Which means you have a problem with Ophelia being with someone."

"I don't," I deny it and shake my head.

"Right," He says, not buying it. "Let me ask you, if Ophelia was with anyone in the world other than Emily right now, would you be this agitated?"