Seventeen

It had been a week since things had stopped with Jay, I skipped my reunion and have spent the weekend locked up in my apartment trying to make myself feel better by eating ice cream and ignoring the outside world, things at work were kind of awkward between me and Jay especially since I bumped into him and a pretty blonde a couple of days ago, since then we were only speaking when it had something to do with the case we were currently working - an eight million dollar heist.

"Who set it up? Who's in charge?" Voight's voice brought me out of my thoughts, looking over I saw that he was in the cage holding one of our suspects by the chin.

"Ramirez! It was him man, he set it all up." The guy said quickly once Voight raised his hand, although he received the slap anyway.

"How do we find him?" I asked leaning against the side of the cage, looking down at him as his eyes flickered from Hank to me.

"He'll be at his place, but you ain't getting in if you ain't one of his boys or a posh whore." He told me looking me up and down.

——————

"Well damn, look at you Mini Sarge." Adam whistled as me and Nadia walked into the bullpen in our skimpy, barely there outfits, we were going in playing the role of high end prostitutes so that we could get closer to Ramirez.

"Hey, my eyes are up here." I winked with a laugh as he put his hands up in defence.

"Code word?" Hank asked coming out of his office and nodding at me and Nadia.

"Bubblegum." We said at the same time, high-fiving without looking, we'd gotten real close since she started staying at Erin's place a few weeks ago.

"Good, be safe." He nodded keeping his eyes on me, giving him a small nod of understanding he looked over to Nadia before we all made our way out to the cars.

"You sure you wanna do this?" Jay asked making me jump as he took hold of my wrist and pulled me back slightly so we were behind everyone else.

"What? Yeah, we'll be fine." I said shrugging slightly.

"Maybe we should send someone else in, someone with more experience." He said quietly looking past me and towards the rest of the team who took no notice except Nadia who sent me a questioning look.

"I've got plenty of experience actually, we'll be fine Jay, but thanks for the vote of confidence." I smiled sarcastically before rolling my eyes and walking away.

"What was that?" Nadia asked as we climbed into the back of the waiting cab.

"I don't even know." I sighed taking one last look at Jay through the window, a worried and slightly pained look on his face.

—————

We had made it inside Ramirez's hang out, although one of his guys is suspicious, mainly of me I'm guessing since he seems to be trying to catch me off.

"You're lookin' real tense there lady, how 'bout we relax huh." Munoz, the suspicious guy, smirked pulling out a bag of white powder, looking to Ramirez who just nodded his head with a chuckle.

I shared a look with Nadia as he arranged the powder into four separate lines before leaning over and sniffing one of them.

"Your turn." He smirked nodding at me as he motioned to the remaining three lines.

"I'm good, don't need that shit to party." I winked at him trying to play it cool.

"Come on girl, everyone knows this is how a party starts." He said with a straight face, almost like he was daring me to do it.