Truth and Trust

Jevan's POV

The announcement was a complete surprise to me. I didn't know if I should be happy or run for the hills.

"Are you certain?" I managed to ask when I came out from my shock.

"Yes. I took a pregnancy test. It's positive. Baby, I know this is another huge step for you but we can be a real family now. We can finally get married and raise our child together," she explained.

I sighed.

"Jevan, aren't you happy?" she asked.

"This is a surprise."

"Was it a surprise when you found out Jason is your son?"

"Adobi! Let's not do this right now and quite frankly, I believe that's why you got pregnant after time and time again you told me you were on the pill," I shouted in a whisper.

"You think I got pregnant on purpose?"

"Well, didn't you?"

She remained silent.

"That proves that I can't trust you anymore. You can't be doing things like that and expect me to be happy. I wanted my second child to be planned and not a damn surprise to my face all over again!" I was livid.

"I'm sure if Blossom becomes pregnant with your child, you'll be over the damn moon about it! All you care about is yourself and what you want. What about what I want?"

"Adobi, we're still young. We have our whole lives ahead of us. Your womb isn't running away anytime soon."

"That's says a lot right there, Jevan." She got up from the table in tears and went to the washroom before leaving by herself in her car.

I took Jason back to the office with me. The remainder of the day went by in a blur. Meetings I had to attend got taken over by my uncle and it wasn't too long for my father to caught wind on what was happening to me.

"Talk to me," he ordered as he sip on coffee.

"Adobi is pregnant."

"You're very busy."

"Dad..."

"Congrats, son. A baby is always a blessing."

"I know that but am I really ready for another kid."

"Then you should have protected yourself."

"She said she was on the pill."

"But you still should have protected yourself as a cautionary measure."

"I was doing it but then she turned on me and said I didn't trust her and that she was on the pill and I was still pulling out. She said she wasn't a vending machine."

Dad and I sigh in unison. "She reminds me of someone," he said.

"Who?"

"A crazy ex-fiancee of mine."

"Well Adobi isn't crazy. I just think that she's desperate for my attention and my love."

"You haven't been giving it to her?"

"Ever since Blossom came back, I kinda pulled away from Adobi."

"Jevan, I told you to make a decision and stick with it."

"And I did! I just don't hope it was the wrong one."

___________

I got home in time for dinner. My personal chef had prepared a wonderful soul food for the family and after I had devoured my plate, I went to find Adobi.