𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 10

The sunshine danced on the most extravagant balcony of the palace, gleaming from head to do with a flair of rich and expensive taste. This sort of taste, would only be found in the emperor himself. Who, ever since he was a child, was as picky as one could be. He only ate carrots when they were cooked with rosemary herbs, harvested two days earlier than usual and when the sun was upright. He only wished to go outside when it was before one in the afternoon or after four in the afternoon, in order to keep the sun from ruining his fair complexion. He only agreed to wear certain styles of clothing on certain days of the week, and refused to wear certain colours if the weather was even slightly different from what was predicted. The young emperor refused to listen to classical music on a X.F. Xu record player, only accepting the sound quality of the limited edition V.P. Xu record player.

  His peculiar and specific tastes made nearly all who worked for him go mad. Even if something was slightly off, he would still rant about it and hold it against one for the next era. In despite of this, the Emperor these days had changed drastically. He didn't mind whether or not the curtains had been tied to the side at a specific angle, or what time of day he went outside, or what colour he wore during any weather and during any day of the weak. To the palace staff, it seemed like a miracle. Little did they know, it was all to do with the fact that the Emperor had something else resting in his mind. Something else that bothered him much more than such petty things. Yes, the black snake group was something he focused on daily, however he found that he could not keep this other issue off of his mind. Bothered deeply, he could be seen spacing out throughout the palace here and there.

   Of course, as expected, this strange behaviour halted and his usual picky self returned as being all the more picky. Perhaps, it was because his parent's death anniversary was nearing. He wanted to make sure that as they watched him from over the heavens, that he was living the lavish lifestyle that they had wanted for their little man, and he made sure that his grandmother's retirement from the spotlight of the crown was all the more lavish than anything he could give himself. However, above all, although it didn't seem like it, he raised his people's expectations and wishes above his own.

  This can be found truthful in the fact that in his short rule, he managed to abolish underpaid workers and slavery, as well as extreme poverty in all nations he ruled over. Although mysterious, he was an emperor that all would wish for. One who truly looked after his people before himself.

  This heavy weight on his shoulders caused them to slope as he sat at his desk, face resting in his palms. The curtains blacked out the sunlight, and only barely peaked in. Not a single light was on inside though, a cold and blue feeling resting in the emperor's study. Being emperor was indeed the greatest blessing and the most horrid curse. Ever since he was little, the young man was never able to even display emotion.

  When his parents had passed away, the young man could not shed a tear. The royal advisors trained him strictly, sixteen hours a day before it all begun again.

  Every day of every week, the young heir to the throne would wake up at five in the morning, go through vigorous studying for four hours straight, then proceed to have breakfast if the royal tutor saw it fit as a suitable reward for doing decently at his work. He would then practise some sort of fighting or sword techniques, depending on which type of day of the week it was before practising etiquette then on for another four hours after the two hours of sword fighting. Then of course, many other things were on his schedule. Things that would shape him into becoming the perfect emperor, things that would have to be paid with childhood trauma. For example, when his three-legged bunny Sparkles was executed because the young heir could not remember the different war tactics used.

  His deep train of thought was interrupted by an abrupt and clear knock on the door. "Your majesty, it is time for your tea." A lowly servant says through the thick, beech wood.