What Ancestor?

“Clarissa.” Jace said.

“Yes Jonathon.” Clary answered.

“Will you teach me?”

“Teach you what?”

“Teach me how to paint.” Jace answered in a duh tone of voice.

“It’s not something I can teach you in the matter of a few hours.” Clary replied.

“I understand that but I don’t mind however long it takes, I just want to be able to paint and not want to put my hand through it.” Jace smiled. Clary laughed as she placed the paintbrush covered in red paint down on the small table next to the easel.

“Okay, but you can’t just go straight onto painting. You have to start off with drawing and work your way up to oil pastels and so on.” Clary answered.

“Okay, just a minute.” Jace said getting up off the floor that he’d been lying on just moments before.

He walked leisurely over to one of the many cupboards which stored a variety of sketch books and smaller sized canvas’. For a few moments he searched through a pile of sketch books and finally pulled one of the books out. He walked back over to where he’d previously been sitting but not before grabbing a handle of sketching pencils. Clary walked over to where Jace had lay down on his stomach and lay down in the same position next to him. Clary looked at the sticker that had been put on the front of the sketch book.

“Aww, afraid of losing it?” Clary asked as she read Jace’s Sketch Book in Jace’s writing.

“No, it’s just that you have so many I wanted this one to be mine.” Jace smiled.

“Have you drawn anything in there?” Clary asked.

“Yeah, have a look if you want,” Jace answered opening the book to the first page. Clary gasped in awe as she ran her fingers delicately over the first drawing. She knew who it was straight away. The curly red hair of all different shades as the sun came streaming through one of the big windows in the library. The book in the girls hand with her eyes fixated on it as the girl curled up in the window seat. “It’s not that good.”

“Are you kidding? I don’t even know why you need me to teach you.” Clary scoffed.

“I didn’t need you to teach me to draw, I want you to teach me how to paint.” Jace answered.

“I realized that.” Clary said.

"Well, will you teach me to paint now?" Jace asked.

"I guess or you could kiss me." Clary smirked rolling onto her back. Jace's eyes widened for a moment. The last time they had kissed lying on the floor there had been no material between them.

"As much as painting sounds very exciting I think I might just maybe have to push myself to choose the second option," Jace smirked. He shuffled over to her but before he leaned over to kiss her she flipped herself so she was laying on top of him with her legs either side of his hips. "Very sneaky Miss Fray but if I remember correctly last time it was more like this." Carefully but quickly Jace flipped both of their bodies over so his body was resting above hers.

"I think that was it except we were in a cave." Clary smiled as her red hair spread around her like a lions mane.

"Well I'm not a warlock so I can't conjure up a cave out of no where so this will have to do." Jace answered and brought his lips to hers; slowly at first but then in almost desperation he started to kiss her more urgently.

"Jace." Clary whispered as he left a trail of butterfly kisses down her exposed collarbone.

"Yes my love, I'm listening." Jace mumbled.

"Promise me something."

"Of course."

"No matter what is wrong with me, you won't leave. You'll stay with me and we'll fight through it." Clary said. Jace stopped kissing her and looked into her eyes and kissed her again lightly.

"I'll never leave you and do you want to know why?" Clary nodded. "Because you never left me. You never decided to move onto someone better, you stayed with me even when you couldn't touch me. You stayed and for that I will be ever eternally grateful." Jace answered and kissed her again.

"I love you." Clary whispered.

"Te amo." Jace answered. Clary knew just enough Latin to know what Jace had said. She wrapped one hand around his neck and reached up to kiss him.

"I really must stop walking in on Herondale's in the midst of the make out sessions." Someone said from the doorway. Clary and Jace took their lips apart ad looked over at the door. Standing there in a pastel purple suit and silver sparkly dress shoes was none other than Magnus Bane.

"What do you mean?" Jace asked.

"A long story that involves a few ancestors of yours but sadly not enough time, Mr Herondale. Miss Fray, our visitors are here to see you." Magnus answered.

"Who is it?" Clary asked as Jace helped her up. She brushed herself off.

"Well, if you come with me you'll find out. Now chop, chop we don't have all day," Magnus answered and walked down the hall. "We'll meet you in the library!"

"What do you think he meant by he must stop walking in on Herondale's in the midst of make out sessions?" Jace asked Clary.

"Well whoever this ancestor was he must have been exactly like you." Clary smiled and pulled Jace out the room wanting to see who her knights in shining armor were.