10

Jax's POV

"Jax?" A small voice asked right beside my ear. This was normally the part where a hard something collided with my face or body, but it didn't come this time.

"It's time to get up," it said again, still not touching me. I ignore the sound yet again as I shove my head farther into the pillow.

I hear a loud groan on the other side of my bed and some grumbling, "we don't have time for this" before I felt something land on my shoulder. The second it lands on me I ask myself one question.

Who is it?

After determining there was no way it was my father, I attack.

The hand on my shoulder pulled back when they felt me move but I didn't let it get far. My hand snapped forward, grabbing the person's arm and pulling them closer to the bed.

They somehow tripped and fell on their back at the foot of the bed. The person cursed loudly as they went to stand up and yell at me but before they had the chance to move I was on top of them.

My hands instinctively wrapped around their throat but I froze when a small moan escaped the person below me as I applied pressure.

Snapping out of my angered daze, I look down at the person beneath me and notice it was Liam.

His face was flushed and his hair was messy as he panted as if he had just run a marathon. Had anyone else seen this they probably would have assumed we were in a deep make out session.

"At least buy me dinner first," he huffs out with a small smirk but I don't see the humor in it the way he does.

With a small scoff, I roll my eyes and get off of Liam's stomach before flopping back down at the head of the bed and close my eyes again.

"You can't just go back to sleep. We have to get to breakfast then to our first class." He said with a slightly annoyed tone as he got off the bed and stared at me.

"Or I could sleep in here all day and never go to classes."

"Well, that's a fine way to get shipped out of camp."

"Kinda the point."

"Just get up before I get Callum. He's not as nice when it comes to getting people out of bed."

I wanted to groan and roll over on my side while holding up a middle finger but decided to go ahead and just get up. At least I would get some food out of it.

"Fine," I grumble out as I stand up and walk over to my dresser and pick out a random shirt and a pair of jeans.

"Callum and Ryder are in the bathroom so you'll have to wait. They should be done soon though."

His words fall deaf to my ears as I lift my shirt up to change without a care in the world. Behind me, I hear Liam gasp quietly but I pay him no mind as I put my clean shirt over my head before doing the same to my night pants.

"Quit gawking at my ass," I grumbled out without having to look at Liam to know he was staring.

"Had you waited three minutes I wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to," he said with a flirty voice, making me roll my eyes.

"I'm going to get food," I state as I began walking towards the door.

"We usually head down together," Liam said, a frown evident in his voice.

"Then you shouldn't have woken me up until you were ready to leave," I pointed out as close the door behind me. Through the thin door, I hear Liam sigh deeply before plopping down on a bed.

I only roll my eyes as I begin walking.

He acts like an asshole yesterday and is now disappointed when I don't want to wait around with him until the others are ready for breakfast. There's no telling when they'll get done anyway. God only knows what's going on in that bathroom right now.

I look around the cafeteria coldly I look for any sign of the three troublemakers I knew in this place.

Luckily it didn't take me long to find Boyd sitting in a corner all by himself. Kyle and Kellan were looking around weirdly from the end of the food line, probably looking for a place to sit. I simply raised my hand snapped at them to catch their attention, which made them smile as they walked over to me while I walked to Boyd.

"You know, I think the whole point of cabin mates is to avoid newcomers sitting alone," I grumbled at Boyd as I sat down beside him. He only blushed and began playing with his food.

"Well thanks to you half of my mates are afraid to come near me and the other one seems too shy to make new friends."

"We heard about that," Kellan said as he dropped his tray down on the table, leaving a spot between the two of us for Kyle to sit.

"Heard he looked at you funny so you beat him up," Kyle finished with a small smirk. I only laughed and shook my head.

"He did a bit more than look at me funny. And I didn't beat him up, I gave him a love tap."

"If that's what you consider a love tap I'd hate to be in your bed at night. He's got a huge bruise that covers his whole cheek." Kellan joked as he began eating but I ignore his comment.

"What did he do to make you so mad anyway?"

"Called me a faggot," I say, making Kyle and Kellan tense immediately. After being called that word for the past three years, that was a fighting word for them. Not many people could say it without getting the complete and utter shit beat out of them.

"The fucker better be glad I wasn't there to hear it myself or he would have come out with a lot worse than just a bruise," Kellan concluded as he rubbed out his boyfriend's shoulder with one hand to calm him down. I couldn't help but smirk at his words as my mind went back to what Kyle told me yesterday.

"I heard you had your own fight over something similar yesterday," I say making Kellan's scowl immediately turn to a smirk as Kyle chuckled.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"I'm sure you don't," Boyd finally piped in with a smile of his own appearing on his face.

The subject eventually changed but I wasn't really apart of the conversation anymore. I just sat and halfway listened while the others talked about random things and how they wished they didn't have to do classes today.

"Isn't that your cabin mate over there?" Kyle asked as he nodded his head in the direction of Ryder.

He stood at the end of the food line with his boyfriend and Callum as they all stared at our table. Liam had a small glare on his face as he looked to Kyle while Ryder tried to hide behind Callum who seemed to be unaffected as he walked closer to us.

"They all are." I say with a small eye roll before punching Kyle's arm and mumbling a small, "be nice."

"When have you ever know me to be nice," he grumbled out as he focused on his food.

"You seemed pretty nice a few seconds ago," Boyd teased making Kyle glare at him but it did nothing to Boyd.

I had a small idea of how this group would get along with my cabin mates; spoiler alert, it wouldn't end well.

Kyle already hates Ryder, by the looks of it Liam doesn't like Kyle even though he doesn't know Kyle, Boyd doesn't like Liam for some unexplained reason, but I had a feeling Callum and Kellan might get along if introduced correctly.

Best case scenario only four of them would be ateach other's necks, which wasn't really good, but it could be worse so that'swhat I'll hope for.