Chapter Fifty-Five: Hogwarts Express to Rage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The school year had come to an end, and everyone was cheering in delight at final exams, finally being over. It was a long-awaited trial, but everyone was packed up and ready for the summer. I was to spend the first two months of summer with Aberforth and Ariana in the Inn, and the remaining month was going to be with the Zabini family.

That gave me plenty of time to enact my plan.

I was breaking Tom Riddle out of his orphanage.

My Polyjuice potion was ready and stashed safely in my backpack, along with a hair plucked from Aberforth's pillow. It'd been brewing for a month according to my potions book, and I only hoped it would work and not turn me into a feline friend .... Sorry, Hermione.

I mount the train, no bags in tow. They were all at Aberforth's upstairs in the room I'd been given. My hood was up, and I searched the train for Tom Riddle.

"Where the hell is he?" I groan, and then I see Avery. "AVERY!!" I almost screech and the Slytherin in question whirls around in surprise. He smiles when he sees me, brown eyes gentle and kind.

"Hey, Dumple. What's up?" He asks, and I greet him with a hug that he returns.

"Do you know where Riddle is?" I ask, and he looks at me weird.

"Aren't you staying here?" He asks. "You're living with Professor Dumbledore, aren't you?"

"No. I'm staying with my other cousin, Aberforth," I inform him.

"Is he like Professor Dumbledore or even more uptight?" He ponders, and I give him a look, making him whistle. "Damn. That bad?" He laughs, making me smack his shoulder.

"Make sure to keep in touch over the summer you dimwit and send owls to Abby. That poor girl adores you." I groan. His eyes light up.

"Really?!" He almost squeaks, making me grin at how cute he and Abby were.

"Yes, of course. You saved her life." I laugh.

He wears a giddy look on his face. "Thanks, Val." He smiles at me and then points down the train. "Three doors to your left. That's where Tom is. Don't tell him I told you....he'd have my head." Avery points back at me.

"Where are you going?!" I ask him, and he spins around, grinning.

"I'm headed to find my dearest, Abigail." He announces, making me burst out laughing.

"It's the second door from the entrance!" I holler at his back.

I stroll over to the door that Avery had pointed me to, and I peek in. In fact, I see all the rest of Tom's friends there. My eyes scanned for Riddle, but he wasn't there.

"What are you doing, Dumbledore?" A voice drawls behind me.

I shriek, jumping away. I spin around and come face to face with Tom himself. "WHY are you always popping out of nowhere!?" I snap, hand coming to rest on my chest. "I swear if my poor heart suddenly exploded from working overtime, I'm haunting you as a ghost," I vow, and he scoffs.