Chapter 12

~Nene's POV~

"...Mokke?" Y/n asked nervously.

Nene gasped with disbelief.

"Whaaaaaaaaat?!" She exclaimed. "Y/n-chan, you've gotta follow meee! Come see the Mokke!" She grabbed Y/n's wrist and pulled her into the old school building, searching for the room the Mokke resided in.

"Ugh, where is it?" She asked aloud. Then, Nene saw a small, pink flash in the corner of her eye. "There!" She turned and opened the door that just closed, revealing...

"What ARE they?!" Y/n gasped, sounding overcome with delight.

"These are the Mokke!" Nene explained happily. "They're sprites that love candy! You can see them everywhere around the school!" Y/n bent down, getting a better look at the cute pink spirits.

 "They're sprites that love candy! You can see them everywhere around the school!" Y/n bent down, getting a better look at the cute pink spirits

"They're like little rabbits!" She gushed, poking one of them.

"Hello!" The Mokke said.

"You're new!"

"Pretty."

"Want a candy?" One of them asked, holding up a wrapped sweet. Y/n took it, smiling.

"Thank you!" She said kindly, putting it in her pocket. A different Mokke snuggled up against her, looking for rubs, when it suddenly recoiled. Nene looked down at it, wondering what was wrong.

"What is it?" Y/n asked worriedly.

"Scary..." It muttered, backing away a little. The other Mokke whispered nervously.

"His smell."

"Who is she?"

"Run away!" All ran except the one who gave her candy.

"Hey, what's that matter?" Nene asked the Mokke, looking at Y/n's distressed face.

"She has his smell." It explained. "The bad one. He chases us. Ties us up and holds candy in our faces. He's evil." It shivered. "Sorry for running."

"No, no, it's okay..." Y/n reassured, but Nene saw that she looked puzzled and concerned.

"Keep the candy." The Mokke said, turning. "Sorry." It then followed its buddies into hiding.

~Time skip~

"Who do you think they meant?" Nene asked as they walked. It had been silent since they left the Mokke, and it made her uncomfortable.

"I dunno..." Y/n answered quietly. She seemed worried.

"Hey." Nene said, stopping suddenly. "What if it's your ghost? You know, the one that looks like Hanako?"

"Tsukasa?" Y/n shook her head, laughing nervously. "No, there's no way. He's too sweet to do that." Nene shrugged.

"Okay, then I have no idea." She thought for a moment. "Who do you spend a lot of time with?"

"Um... Tsukasa..."

Nene looked at the other girl, raising her eyebrow. "Are you telling me you are with him a lot? That sounds..." She was about to say "suspicious" but she suddenly realized something. She smirked at Y/n. "... like someone's got a crush." Y/n stopped, staring at Nene.

"Whaat?!" She exclaimed, her face turning pink. "Of course not! He's just my friend, that's all!"

"Uh-huh." Nene said sarcastically. "Just a friend. Yup." Y/n covered her face with her hands, embarrassed.

"It's... it's not like that!" She said frantically. "I mean, yeah, he's cute and funny, and he's really nice, but... oh god, what am I saying..."

Nene laughed at her friend's mortification.

"I'm just teasing you!" She said. "I'm sure you're just friends. Don't worry, I totally believe you." Y/n looked up at her, face red, but with a smirk.

"And what about you and Hanako?" She asked slyly. "You seemed to be very close. I mean, the bathroom?! C'mon, that sounds awfully suspicious." It was Nene's turn to blush.

"Oh heck, no!" She squeaked. "He's totally not my type! Well, I guess he's pretty cool, and he's brave and kinda attractive..." She shook her head violently. "Gah! What am I saying?! I don't have a c-crush on him or anything!" She paused, out of breath. Y/n rolled her eyes, smiling.

"Oh really?" She asked, hands on her hips. "Then why are you panicking like that?" Nene groaned.

"Ugh, I don't like him in that way!" She said with embarrassment. "You know what? Let's stop talking about this!" She sped up, turning a corner and immediately bumping into someone.

"Ah! Sorry!" She apologized loudly. "I should've been watching where I-" She stopped when she saw who it was.

He was tall and handsome, and he was just her type.

"No, no." He said, laughing a little. "It's my fault. Don't blame yourself, miss." He looked around the corner and his face lit up with recognition. "Hey, Y/n! I was actually looking for you!" Nene gasped and looked at Y/n jealously.

"Oh, hey, Natsuhiko-senpai." She greeted casually, walking down the hallway to meet them. "What's up?"

"Well..." The attractive boy looked down at Nene, causing her heart to pound. "He wanted me to find you. He says that he misses you." Nene looked back at Y/n, and noticed the flush was back in her cheeks.

"Oh, really?" She asked awkwardly. "Um, I'll go see him, then." She smiled at Nene, taking her hand. "Thank you, Nene-chan. It was nice talking with you." Nene nodded.

"You too. See you around." Then, with that, the handsome boy and Y/n went down the hallway, leaving Nene to her thoughts.

"I'm gonna go see Hanako." She said to herself. "Maybe I can ask him about a twin."

~~~~~~

New chapter coming soon