Chapter 5 Wayne Enterprises

Third pov

When the alarm rang Marinette was the first up. She'd been half sleeping while listening to music instead of sleeping like Chloe.

After taking a quick shower, she put her hair in a ponytail, brushed her teeth and washed her face before going to get dressed in a pair of black jeans, white converse and a white shirt, finishing the outfit with a black jacket with silver details on it. All of it made by herself and with hidden MDC logos on them.

She'd designed Chloes clothes too.

A faded yellow tanktop with gold details on it, a pair of white jeans, black Adidas and a black jacket. Both of their jackets had hidden pockets for their Kwamii.

The two of them weew done in half an hour and decide to head down to wait, only to be told by the receptionist that their class has already left.

Chloe wanted to hurt someone when she saw the look on Marinette's face. She looked so done with everything and they hadn't been here for more than a day.

The darkhaired teen looked at her friend. "We'll walk. Let's go."

Chloe nodded and they left the hotel together.

It's not like they were defenseless, and they'd done more reading about Gotham than they suspected any of their classmates had.

They'd be fine.

And hopefully Chloe could make sure Marinette got a coffee.

Time skip

Half way to W.E the girls ran into a black haired man that somehow fell asleep standing in the middle of the crosswalk.

It's a damn wonder he didn't drop the coffee in his hand. Or the bag in his other hand.

The girls shared a look before Marinette went to see if he needed help. "Sir? Are you okay?"

He doesn't react much other than opening his eyes and mumbling something about needing to get to Wayne Enterprises. Then he downed his coffee.

Chloe shrugged when Marinette looked back at her.

"Then we're going the same way." Marinette said, deciding to herd the young man to his work. Not like she haven't done so with her friends before.

The walk wasn't that far, though they ended up having to make sure the guy didn't face-plant into the ground a few times.

When they entered W.E they were met by Mr Grayson.

"Thank god you're alright! - Tim?" He looked surprised as they got the guy into the lobby.

Tim just mumbled a thank you to the two girls, patted Mr Grayson's shoulder and whispered something to him before getting into an elevator.

Mr Grayson just shook his head and turned to Chloe and Marinette. "Are you two alright? You shouldn't have been left at the hotel, I can't believe your teacher didn't take a headcount..." He muttered the last part.

Chloe answered for them. Marinette feelt... weird. It'd been a long time since any other adults than her parents gave a damn what the school did.

"We're okay. Took a little extra time since we helped, Tim, back."

Mr Grayson made a face. "He really has to sleep more. If he did he wouldn't be reliant on others not fall asleep on his way to work."

The exasperated tone has Marinette cracking a smile. Apparently it wasn't the first time.

The man snapped out of his thoughts and smiled, saying with a louder voice. "Since everybody is here now we can start the tour."

**************************************************************************

Dick couldn't believe such an irresponsible teacher existed.

"You left two students at the hotel in Gotham and for some reason it doesn't bother you that you negligence can get them hurt?" Dick hasn't had to fight this hard to keep back anger in a long time.

The teacher just gapes and splutters excuses while the kids try to defend her.

Or, most of them at least. Some aren't looking as keen to defend their teacher.

Dick just shakes his head. "There will be disciplinary actions for this." His tone is final and then his eyes cath the two teens practically carrying Tim into the lobby.

He sighs in relief and goes to meet them. They look unharmed which is good.

"Thank god you're alright. - Tim?"

Tim looked halfway to falling asleep and Dick suspected that he had been up far longer than he should have.

His baby brother mumbled thanks to the two teens before patting Dicks shoulder and whispering. "I'm taking a nap. Tell me the story later."

Then he disappeared into an elevator.

Dick shakes his head. That would be a less than fun conversation, but he knows Tim will be on his side. He turns back to the girls. "Are you two alright? You shouldn't have been left at the hotel, I can't believe your teacher didn't take a headcount..." He mutters.

The blonde girl answers while something flashes over Marinette's face before she schools it into a calm expression.

"We're okay. Took a little extra time since we helped, Tim, back." She sounds unsure if it's the right name. Dick can't blame her. Tim's mumbling isn't easy to understand at the best of times, when he's on the verge of passing out? Good luck understanding anything he says.

"He really has to sleep more. If he did he wouldn't be reliant on others not to fall asleep on his way to work."

He sees Marinette crack a smile at his exasperated tone. He smiled and talked so all of them could hear. "Since everybody is here now we can start the tour."

Time skip

Dick like to think himself as a generally happy and optimistic person.

But these kids made it really difficult to keep that up.

He knew that kids can be cruel, but the lenghts these kids went to just hurt their class president made him feel sick.

He figured they spoke in french because they think he doesn't understand them or because they don't think he'll actually go through with the punishment of bullying.

He's definitely going to bring this up with Bruce as soon as he can.

What do you think is going to happen?

What would you like to see happen?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)