Chapter 37

You was sat outside on the grass overlooking Hagrid's hut and the forbidden forest whilst studying, your books on either side of you as you wrote down as much as you could about what you'd learnt in charms class recently.

After finally finishing, you sighed with relief and laid down. You sat back up and held your wrist which was hurting from writing so much.

"Morning pumpkin." You heard from behind you. Malfoy stood next to you and looked down.

"What do you want?" You asked moving the books he was near to the other side of you.

"To see you." He replied and sat next to you.

"Why?" You asked and started putting your books into your bag.

"Must I always have a reason Y/L/N?" He replied.

"Because it's you Malfoy, yes you must." You said finishing putting everything in your bag.

"It's hot today." Malfoy said leaning back and resting on his arms.

"You want to talk about the weather?" You asked with a chuckle and looked at him.

"I was trying to start a conversation." He replied.

"About the weather?"

"What do you want to talk about then?" Malfoy asked looking at you.

"How about you being apart of the inquistorial squad." You began. "Do you like Umbridge?"

"No." He answered.

"Then why join it?" You asked.

"For the extra credit." He shrugged. "How about you being in the group."

"I'm not in any group Malfoy. You didn't believe me before, yet you didn't tell Umbridge that you caught me going to it." You said. "It being the bathroom." You quickly added.

"I didn't tell her because you said you was off to the bathroom and I chose to trust what you said." He replied.

"Or is it because you kissed me?" You teased.

"If I wanted to tell her I could have." He said.

"But you didn't because you have a little crush on me." You joked. You waited for his reply but he didn't give you one. "No sly comment?" You asked.

Malfoy sat up and made direct eye contact with you. Your heart began to race and you instantly started getting nervous. Your head started to fill with questions 'Did I say something wrong or is he going to kiss me again? Oh no what if he kisses me! I'm not ready!'

"You have nice eyes." Malfoy said.

"Thanks?" You replied.

"You sound unsure." Malfoy chuckled.

"It just sounded like a compliment." You said.

"It was." Malfoy said.

"You just complimented me? Draco Malfoy is a new man!" You joked trying to not smile too much.

"I always compliment you, not out loud, but still." Malfoy said quieter. You felt your cheeks heat up and you didn't know what to do with yourself. You didn't know what to reply, you couldn't take compliments well, especially not from Malfoy.

"Y-you." You stammered. 'Fuck!' You thought. 'Think of something clever to say!' "Your eyes are nice too." You replied. 'Great answer.' You thought wanting to crawl into a ball.

"I know, people tell me all the time." He smirked widening his eyes and leaning towards you. "Look how beautiful they are." He joked. You laughed and tried pushing him away. He let out a laugh resting his chin on your shoulder.