CH. 27 Expecting Calls

The week had gone by pretty fast.

A little too much homework for my liking, my brothers bugging me frequently, and Mr. Edwards' distracting my learning (as predicted.)

It was already Friday, and I was way too ready for the weekend.

I woke up, getting all showered and ready and then hopping down to the kitchen to grab some breakfast.

The boys were already up and scrambling around the kitchen for some food; Lance and Lucas excluded.

Chase was at the oven frying some last tid-bits of bacon from the bottom of the bacon package, with West anxiously waiting aside him for it to be done cooking. Flynn was chugging a cup of milk whilst on top of the counter, and Kade was sitting smug as ever on a barstool with only a protein shake to sip on.

Kade was annoyingly perfect. I hate him with all my heart, don't get me wrong, but that boys actions were undeniably stunning. I hated how he could look so good even after just waking up; his hair smoothly tossed around in a perfectly messy way, his face clear of all signs of acne, and naturally straight, white teeth.

Alright. I'll admit it.

I'm jealous.

I saw myself in the mirror this morning. And, let me tell you, perfect was nowhere near any sort of word I would use to describe myself. My hair was still wet from my shower, a new pimple was forming in the middle of my chin, and I think I forgot to brush my teeth...

I brought my hand up to my mouth, blowing some air back into it.

Oh god.

Yep, I definitely forgot to brush my teeth.

I rolled my eyes, it was just one of those mornings. Too bad it had to be on a Friday...

I stomped angrily over to the stove, plucking a piece of simmering hot bacon off of Chase's pan and nibbling on it.

"Hey! That's for West and I," Chase reprimanded me, his hand lunging towards the bacon in my hands.

Quickly, I turned around, shoving the whole piece of bacon into my mouth and walking away from Chase.

I was not in the mood for any of these stupid bozos today.

I heard Chase grumble under his breath, but he didn't attempt to come after me.

Good.

I grabbed a glass from one of the cabinets, filling it with some water; water is all I'll be drinking until this zit on my chin quiets down.

I gulped down the glass just as everyone finished eating their food and began to head out the door.

Quickly, I grabbed my bag and followed them to the car- accompanying my normal back-seat spot.

*******

First period flew by faster than I could say 'Mr. Edwards is dreamy'.

He taught the class casually; cute as ever.

But now it was second period and it was time to deal with the monstrosity that is Nathan.

I walked into the empty lab room to accompany my normal spot.

A few minutes later, I saw Nathan enter the doorway— an angry expression on his face.