NINETEEN

019. IT TAKES A THIEF TO CATCH A THIEF

One who is skilled at evading the law is well-trained to find or catch someone who behaves similarly. )

»»————-————-««

It was against Din Djarin's nature to betray, for it was the enemy of trust, and trust was the first step towards enduring respect. 

The first thing that arose in his mind when faith was mentioned, was the lonely Ungnaught farmer on Arvala-7. Honest, benefactor to a fault, the wisest person he associated after a certain special witch. The child had become too laborious to be around, needing constant attention and neither Cara nor Din circuitously there to be for it. Hence, the demand for a caretaker.  

When they arrived on the desert ridden planet, he could not help but think back to the last time he had been there. Nothing had changed since; the vast plains or the situation they had been immersed into. Myra had left this planet with a wronged cascade of words and he was here, still alone and without her.

The Ugnaught, not to his surprise, wordlessly allowed them to enter into his lodging—a little sand hut draped in cloth and fabric at ridges and concise enough to house his medium build. Far away on the outside, the blurrg cattle neighed louder and the slow gallops filling the silent contemplation of everyone.

The farmer curiously watched the child raise his hand at him with a small coo, almost like a call for attention. It titled its head. 

"It hasn't grown much," he declared. 

"I think it might be a Strand-Cast," replied the Mandalorian, thoughtfully. He could see the child associated with bioengineered beings and birth from scratch, given the agewise manipulation and strange capabilities.