81. Rescued

THE MORNING AFTER

JK awakened with his face slammed against the mattress. He peeked through one of his half-opened eyes and decided he isn't ready for the world just yet. However, the world seemed to have something big in store for him today; too big for him to just ignore. The sunlight from the beautiful morning peeped through his dark-colored curtains. It was inviting him to open his eyes and see what he's been missing. And just like the speed of light, he sat upright and realized what it was.

The conversation from last night played in his head.

"Pack your bags and get out."

"What?? B-but... where will I go?"

"Look. I swear I didn't break it on purpose... I have... I have nowhere else to go. Please."

"I believe that's none of my concern." "Do as I say while I still ask nicely."

"Shit." He bolted out of his bedroom but stopped at the sight of the door right across his. As he reached out for the knob, he hesitated for a moment and wished that it's not what he think it is. With his heart pounding, he twisted the doorknob to the left and found that it was unlocked. His heart banged in his chest even more.

As he slowly pushed the door open, he whispered these words under his breath. "No... No... Please... Please tell me you're not..."

When the room finally came to view, his heart sank along with the hope that she still wasn't, "Gone."

_______________________________________

LAST NIGHT...

ROZIE's POV

I opened the cabinet and took my clothes out one by one. I didn't unpack completely anyways so filling up the bag was plain easy.

"Pack your bags and get out," I recall him saying. He said in a stern voice but his eyes, his eyes were a different story. It's as if he was hurting so bad.

Geez. I didn't know he could feel that way for just one lame gadget. Ohh! Why could things turn upside down all of a sudden?? We were just okay yesterday.

Recall:

From,

"You're welcome by the way." He raised the dumping I gave him with his chopsticks. His lips curved into a small but sincere smile.

to,

"I believe that's none of my concern, Do as I say while I still ask nicely."

Was it really about what I did? Or was it about something else?

I slumped into the edge of the bed and looked at my luggage unzipped on the carpeted floor.

So what happens now?

_______________________________________

As soon as I reached the doorway, his door came to view. I felt even more sullen. I closed the door softly behind me and quietly dragged my luggage along the hallway.

I let my hand run through the top edge of the large couch as I passed by. Again, the conversation replayed in my mind. I tried to stir clear and approached the kitchen instead but the same thing happened.

I opened the fridge and saw the flower potted dessert I got for takeaway. I took it in my hand and appreciated how really cute it was. It was too beautiful you'd have second thoughts of plunging your spoon into it. I got it especially for him. I was unsure if he had a sweet tooth but nevertheless, I thought he'd like it somehow.