Chapter 14

After school the next day,  Y/n and Nene met up again to talk about their discoveries.

"Okay, who wants to go first?" Nene asked.

"I will." Y/n volunteered. "Okay, so I asked Tsukasa if he had a sibling, and guess what he said?" She paused for dramatic effect. "He had a twin! His name was Amane, and Tsukasa suspects that he's an apparition at this school! Do you think your ghost changed his name or something?" Nene blinked.

"Wait." She said slowly. "I asked Hanako the same thing, and he told me that he was an only child..." The two girls looked at each other in silence.

"Well, one of them's obviously lying." Nene noted. "And, to be honest, your story sounds more believable, because the facts match up. But if that's the case, why did Hanako lie about it? He isn't really the type to do that." Y/n shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe-"

"Yashiro!"

Nene's eyes widened as she saw who was behind Y/n. She motioned for her to not turn around, but it was too late.

Y/n turned and was face to face with Hanako, the ghost that hung out with Nene.

"Hello..." Hanako said slowly, staring at her in awe. Y/n gasped and backed up, realizing why Nene had tried to keep her from seeing him.

Now Hanako knew that she could see spirits, too.

"Great." She muttered. She forced a smile on her face and turned back to Nene.

"I screwed up." She said awkwardly. She was tapped on her shoulder, and she spun around again.

"Hey, you can see me?" Hanako asked in clear disbelief. "Yashiro! Why didn't you tell me you had a friend who can see spirits?" Nene laughed nervously.

"Ah, sorry about that..." She apologized, moving to stand next to Y/n. "She asked me not to tell you..." Hanako looked at Y/n again.

"Geez, all of your female friends are so pretty..." He sighed. Then, he laughed. "Aw, it seems the radish has good taste in frie-" Suddenly, he was elbowed into the wall. Nene stared angrily at Hanako, breathing out with fury.

"Don't call me that!" She exclaimed.

"Radish...?" Y/n asked. Nene forced a laugh as she turned to Y/n.

"Oh, ahaha! Just a stupid nickname Hanako-kun gave me..." She said through her teeth. Hanako groaned as he got up, dusting off his uniform.

"Why did you hit me?" He complained. "That wasn't very nice!"

"Then don't call me a radish!" Nene exploded. "That's not nice, either!" Y/n stepped between the two of them, sighing.

"Calm down, Nene-chan." She said. "And don't be mean, Hanako-san." Then, she felt two hands on her shoulders.

"Aw, how does such a pretty thing like you know my name?" He asked, smiling flirtatiously. Y/n blushed, feeling very uncomfortable.

He looked exactly like Tsukasa, which didn't make anything better.

"Uh-" She started.

"Don't touch her, Amaneeeeee!!!"

Suddenly, Y/n's arm was grabbed and she was yanked out of Hanako's grasp. She was held closely by someone. She already knew who it was.

"Oh my god... you were right, they DO look the same..." Nene whispered. Tsukasa was staring at Hanako, and the latter was staring back.

"Listen, Amane." Tsukasa said, smiling a little coldly. "I love you, but if you touch Y/n, I will hurt you." 

Hanako didn't say anything. He just stared with wide eyes. He looked distressed.

"What's that look for?" Tsukasa asked, releasing Y/n and stepping closer. "Haven't you missed me? I know I have." He smiled sweetly at his brother.

"After all, I haven't seen you since you killed me!"

~~~~~~

New chapter coming soon