Kabanata 27 - Knight Herondale

Kabanata 27

Knight Herondale

"Goodbye, Your Highness. Blessing and Long Live, Emperio Solana."

With that parting words, I turned around and quickly walked away bago pa man niya ako mapigilan muli. I saw my guards grinning with proud faces as they followed me.

"You did so well back there, Lady Amaury." Albert complimented me.

Ngumisi na lamang ako sakanya at hindi na nagsalita. I acted cold in purpose earlier because the Crown prince was not in my plan when I got here on this novel. In fact, isa siya sa dapat kong iwasan, he was the antagonist for Gabriel and Emeline's love story. Dahil si Emeline was supposed to be the crown princess according to the original novel. When I was thinking of Emeline, I instantly saw her. But something is different. Emeline unmounted on her white majestic horse. Sa paahan niya ay isang baboy ramo with a spear on its neck. At iilang big wild bunnies na duguan.

"Emeline Herondale, honour her kill to the Emperio!" The official announcement rang.

Emeline was wearing a knight uniform for Herondale house. Ang mahabang buhok ay nakatali. On her waist was a sword with a blood on it. sa tabi niya ay naroon ang isang lalaki who has a blonde hair but share the same feature as her. The young man patted her head and said something. They laughed at saka umalis ang lalaki pabalik sa... tent ng Herondale? Oh, is that his brother? Emmanuel Herondale?

Nang-mag tama ang mata namin ni Emeline, ginawaran niya ako ng tango and I did a bow to her. She took a large quick steps papunta sa akin.

"Lady Amaury, you look stunning as ever." Emeline greeted me with a smile.

Hindi ko alam ang sasabihin ko pabalik. Well, she is still beautiful but then a feminine word won't work on her current appearance.

"...and you look... great."

Natawa siya sa pag-aalinlangan ko sa pagsasalita.

"Don't worry, I got that reaction a lot. I got used to it by now."

Tinitigan ko siya, she looks calm and comfortable.

"Do you always participate on the Spring Hunt?" I asked.

In the novel, she was supposed to be sitting on their tent, waiting for my brother to return, Beatrice would get jealous and cause a scene. My brother would protect Emeline and she will start to have a feeling to Gabriel.

But what happened now was the three important characters on the novel was gone. Beatrice was stranded somewhere and didn't attend the hunt. Gabriel was on the royal meeting while Emeline joined the hunt, very much different on the original story.

"This is the first time I joined the hunt. But I always wore a knight outfit on our home when I train with the other knights."

I memory I have on the novel shows up. Emeline always trained with the knights when she was a kid kaya naman inakala ni Gabriel na lalaki siya. Maybe doon na develop ni Emeline ang katangian ng pagiging isang knight.

"But it is not appropriate for us ladies to wear that. The society won't accept it." I respond like how a noble lady would reply.

But in my opinion, Emeline can do what she wants. On my own world, girls can do what they like. No one can stop them.

Ngumisi si Emeline, "I know. I have lived my life according to my father's order you know? But I just can't take away the things I am passionate about."

Napamangha ako sa sinabi niya. I truly admire this girl. Even in the novel. She was brave and intelligent. She really deserves to be the novel's heroine.