CH 28: Failure

Lucy Parker Pov

"That sounds fake."

"Yeah no shit, it's fucking magic!"

"Yeah but it sounds really made up."

"We are werewolves, god I can't believe you are my third."

I snicker at Jake's comment as Jay slumps in his chair with a pout. It's needless to say our search into how the fuck we fight an actual sorcerer hasn't gone the best. 

"How about we check with the elders? Surely they'll know more than these old-ass fairytale books." Mia interjects. 

Wow, finally a good fucking idea, at least someone has some brain cells left.

"Yeah, you and Jay should head down to elder Joanna's house, if any of them know anything it'll be her." Xavier agrees and they obediently march out the office. 

My mate slumps into his large chair with an exhausted sigh as Jake returns to flipping through a dusty book. We've got a few days at most until the rogue pack attacks, led by none other than my father, a deathly sorcerer, we're all about at our wits ends but I know he is teetering on his breaking point. 

With soft footsteps, I patter around the desk and plop myself down on his lap. I won't lie I have no idea how to comfort people, I've kind of had a lack of comforting figures in my life but this is my mate. Now filled with an almost spiteful determination I wrap my arms securely around his neck and tuck his nose gently into the crook of my neck. 

I relax when I feel him take a deep breath and go lax in my hold, strong arms circling my waist to hold me there. Considering the fact he didn't throw me across the room or piss himself laughing at me, I'd say that went quite well. 

"How are you such a perfect mate?" His question shocks me so much I draw back from his warmth causing him to whine like a little kid and tug me to his chest. 

"No, no, you have to stay now." My adorable mate grumbles childishly. 

I roll my eyes and settle into his hold a question on my- an abrupt crash sounds from downstairs. 

 The reaction is abrupt and perfectly precise. Quieter than men at gunpoint, they sprint from the room and down the stairs. I follow as swiftly as possible, staying right on their tales as they rush towards the unknown source of the interruption. 

With a grunt, I slam into Xavier's back as he suddenly halts in the front living room. I dash around him before he can grab and block me from taking in the scene. I survey the shattered glass spread across the carpet and the few unconscious bodies strewn across furniture as if they had been flung there. My eyes finally land on the instigator of this astonishing scene. 

I take in a pair of toned calves and thighs wrapped in swirling delicate black tattoos, ripped black jean shorts, an earthy coloured muscle tee exposing more of her pale skin. My brows furrow further as I take in a familiar pronounced cupids bow and small roundish nose, the thick brows and wavey caramel hair are a different addition but those eyes, those damn eyes; they're mine. 

They're his. 

"WHO ARE YOU?!?" Xavier bellows out in his deep alpha tone. 

I don't give the familiar stranger a chance to answer as I jump in. I'd say I'm shocked but I don't think I'm capable of that anymore. 

"My sister, she is my sister."

The young woman's eyes light up slightly at my words, her lips quirking into an almost smile as she assesses me.