CH 29: When The protagonist Has The Attention Span Of A Grapefruit

Lucy Parker Pov

Everything is just a flurry of action and sound, movement and voices all blurring together. But not mt thoughts, not my goal, that's set. 

My father must die, and I'm going to kill him.

I was conflicted before, the man did raise me but I've seen his true colours through and through and I know a fake bitch when I see one; this man makes barbie look a la natural. 

"Lucy, you need to-" 

"If you even try to send me to the bunkers with the children I will castrate you where you stand." I threaten my mate, fiery eyes glaring him down. 

"I wouldn't dream of it, how could I win this war without my Luna by my side?" Xavier flashes me a disarmingly bright smile, pulling me in close by my waist.

"Good to know you've learnt your lesson." His overdramatic eye-roll pulls a childish giggle from my lips, what is this boy doing to me. 

"I was going to say, you need to follow us to come get prepared, it's time we ended this." His mood shifts to his serious Alpha tone in seconds, forcing everything to slide back into place in my mind.

Right, laughing and joking later, I've got a monster who's death is far overdue. 

-

My paws rip up the dirt between my deadly claws as we barrel through the woods like heat-seeking missiles on our warpath. The thundering of thousands of wolves snarling and growling following directly behind fills the forest with the first cries of the battle. 

My smaller head tilts to look up at Xavier's hulking frame as he sprints along beside me, his jet black fur that shines in the late afternoon sun contrasting with my own fiery coat that simply soaks up the bright rays. His glowing eyes meet my own, bloodlust ringing clear above all the other racing emotions in his piercing gaze. 

Good, we are going to finish him. 

We slow to a stop in a wide clearing just inside our territory, staring across the boundary line. A row of ravenous rogues stare back, snarling and growling from their posts. Wow, they really were right n our doorstep. The aggressive roars quieten down a but when the Alpha from the other day steps forward in human form, but still my father is nowhere to be found. 

"Well, fancy seeing you here." The Alpha goads with an irritating smirk. 

"Cut the crap, Wilson, where is he?" Xavier demands, shifting quickly and I follow suit. 

"Aww, did you miss me?" Allan croons mockingly, stepping through the rows of shifted and unshifted rouges. 

"Hardly, but I came all this way and I'd be really disappointed if this didn't end in me snapping your neck." I snarl, well more Faith snarls as she pushes forward with glowing eyes and dropped fangs. 

"Now there's that power I spent all that time on creating. This is more like it, Blueberry, we'll make a proper killer of you yet." His sick smile stretches his face in an unnerving curve and I have to repress the shiver of disgust that starts at the base of my spine. 

"Yeah, not that I'm not enjoying this little chat but I came here for a fight not small talk." Mara snarls, appearing at my side from a beam of amber light. 

"Mara? That's new, your mother never told me about your powers." Allan muses, tapping a finger against his chin in thought. 

"Maybe she would have gotten the chance if you hadn't fucking killed her." Mara seethes, eyes flashing a vibrant green with angrily slitted feline pupils. 

"Hmm, well I'll just have to take you both." 

"Like hell! You know what I'm over the chit chat too." I growl furiously, shifting at lightning speed into my fox form. 

Faith's extra strength floods through my veins as her true form is released and she growls threateningly, crouching low and ready to attack. The wolves from my pack follow suit, everyone shifting to their stronger forms and preparing to charge.

"Very well, now I'll have time to study my little weapons in action." He grins smugly a sadistic glint flashing in his eyes. 

The only answer the deranged man receives is a thunder of growls and snarls as we charge, posed to kill. I really hope he wasn't to attached to the idea of winning or living for that matter, I have a feeling he is going to be disappointed.

I sprint forward with powerful strides, canines bared and ready to tear into anything in my path. The first rogue who crosses me is one unlucky bastard, he has barely opened his jaws when I duck under him and rip at his exposed chest with my claws, sending him straight to the dirt. 

Without a glance back I charge onwards, ripping through waves of mangy rouges as I search the battlefield for my supposed father. My warpath is halted as an absolutely huge wolf looms over me, the alpha of this 'pack'. He snarls down at my significantly smaller form with a condescending glint in his dark eyes. This just won't do. 

Barely giving it a second thought I close my eyes as my bones and muscles grow and reform themselves into a humongous black panther. I thrash my tail angrily as I flash my much larger canines at the shocked looking wolf, who I am now easily at equal hight with. Checkmate. 

Shaking off his initial shock the Alpha simply growls and charges at me but I meet him halfway. Claws poised and ready, I slash him right across the muzzle before pouncing to the left out of the of his angrily snapping jaws. I'm about to pounce at him again when a flash of colour and light above me catches my attention. 

I can't help but look at the object in the sky that drew my eyes so easily and feel my mouth hang open slightly in shock. The object is no object, but Mara flying above us with ginormous black raven wings routing from her back, feline eyes still glowing as she bares huge canines threateningly at some helpless rogues. 

I can't help but be completely captivated by her as she switches between swooping low and slashing at them with her sharp talon-like claws and flying higher and blasting them with great surges of bright amber light that send them flying. The display is absolutely mesmerizing as she demolishes waves and waves of the poor bastards. 

I'm so distracted by her grace that I barely register the loud growl that sounds from my right as the Alpha charges. I barely turn to face the harsh sound when a blinding force hits me head-on. My helpless form collides heavily with a tree trunk, slumping bonelessly to the grass with a loud thump. I try to gasp air back into my battered lungs but they refuse to cooperate as black spots dance heavily in my vision. 

A lungful of air finally forces its way through just as everything numbs and my vision goes dark. 

-

A/N Am I really procrastinating writing even when I'm in fucking quarantine with nowhere to go and nothing to do? Yes, yes I am. Hope you enjoyed though and we really are reaching the climax of this bad boy, hope you stick around to see that go down. Feel free to like comment and share :)

By Mysterious_mischief