26

"Birthday ni Sam. Punta ka, bro?" 

Tumaas lang ang isa kong kilay kay Shan habang nagmamaneho. It wasn't my plan to attend Samantha's birthday party. I mean, we weren't close enough. She was a friend of a friend, the reason why we knew each other. 

"I heard Giselle won't go... Just try," pamimilit pa niya. 

I sighed and just gave him a nod of approval, not because my ex wouldn't be there, but because Shan won't stop begging me to come with him. I could not care less about my relationship with Giselle. We were very civil. We talked like we were friends. 

I didn't like holding grudges with anyone. I believed it will just make my life hard to live, and I didn't like living a hard life. I was here to live a good life. I had already learned how to forgive countless times. It was just tiring to bother myself with things that already happened. It was tiring to care about other people. 

Like I said, it wasn't my plan to attend, but I was glad I did. 

"Nasaan na si Shan, dude?" Napatigil ako sa paglalakad nang makasalubong si Neil. He was a friend from La Salle. 

"May kausap doon," I pointed at the dance floor with my right hand. My other hand was holding a glass of liquor. 

"Fuck, bro, sobrang flirt..." Neil laughed. "Anyway, pupunta raw sana sila Arman kaso nasiraan ng car, pre. Nagpapasundo nga..." 

Kumunot ang noo ko habang pinapakinggan siya dahil naramdaman kong may nanonood sa 'kin. I looked at my right side and I saw a woman holding a shot glass staring at me. Her legs were slightly apart so I looked away immediately. 

"Naghahanap pa nga ng driver. Wala pa kasing ma-book," Neil continued. 

From my peripheral vision, I saw her cross her legs and took a shot of tequila, not taking her eyes off me. When I looked back at her again, I quickly surveyed her body starting from her face down to her heels. I tried to fight the urge to smile. 

She looked a little foreign for me with her brown eyes and hazel brown hair. Her eyes reflected such a strong personality. I could tell that this woman could destroy me one day, in different ways I could imagine. Her skin and lips looked soft... I wondered if she had a soft side too. 

Neil and I walked away from that couch to get some drinks. Napailing ako nang may makabunggo sa 'ming lalaki at nabitawan ni Neil 'yong baso kaya nabasag sa sahig. Umalis din siya para ipalinis 'yon. 

"Excuse me, excuse me..." I heard a lady. 

My reflexes were so fast I managed to pull her arm so she wouldn't hurt herself with the broken glass. 

"Watch out," I whispered. 

She looked at me with shock and began staring. Napaiwas ako ng tingin nang dumating si Shan at nagkwento tungkol sa nakahalikan niya. Shan was a fucking flirt. I dated so many girls already but it was still safe to say that he was worse than me. His world revolved around dating and fucking.