CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

I opened my eyes slowly adjusting to the room lighting. First thing that I noticed was one, this is not my bed. So I started panicking, then I realized that two, obviously, this also wasn't my room.
I replayed yesterday events as I cringed so hard, especially when I sleepily asked Liam if he was going to be around when I wake up, what was I? Twelve? Or handicapped?

I hid my face in the pillow and screamed so hard in it. How was I going to face Liam now? Well, I didn't have to wait long because Liam came right in, with a huge smile and a tray of food consisting of coffee, coffee latte to be precise, with scrambled egg, bread, jam, scones and a whole lot of other things. I don't even know who had the strength to prepare such large breakfast this early morning.

"Good morning Lettie, I'm sure you must be hungry. I made breakfast for you and I hope you don't reject it else my efforts will be viewed as a waste." He smiled in that cute way that I always like but can't tell him because he hates being called cute. I remember the time I told him he was cute, he gave me a stink eye and said, "I'm not cute, I'm hot. Don't get things twisted Lettie."

I thought it was just Liam but after telling Chris he was cute and he didn't talk to me for two days, I realized guys don't like being told they're cute. So I have resolved to always saying they're cute in my thoughts alone.

"Don't you have cooks? Why go through all this stress?" I asked as my eyes widened when he started setting up the table in his room. Don't even ask me why he has a dinning table in his room, I mean that is just weird. I'll just take it as one of Liam's weird quirks, just like the way he likes being without shoes in his office.

"It won't be as special as me preparing it." He shrugged nonchalantly like all these didn't take him a long time to prepare.
"Well... Thanks for all these but I'll be taking my leave..." I attempted to stand up when I noticed another thing, I wasn't on my clothes from yesterday. I was on a pjamas. My eyes widened in panic, as I took everything in.

"Where are my clothes? Don't tell me you changed me? Oh my gosh, I could die right now." I asked at the same time. Someone will think I was drunk last night and didn't actually just fall asleep, but don't blame me I was dead to everything happening around me. I mean that is obvious cause I didn't even know when I was changed out of my clothes last night.

"Okay Lettie, just calm down. One, I didn't change you last night, my housekeeper did. I knew it'll make you uncomfortable plus we haven't reached that stage yet, so I don't have the right to do have that." He said like a true gentleman, and I immediately thought, 'How can I be with someone this perfect?' Honestly, I think there's this stupid alter mind, which I'm not sure if it's really a thing. But the thing is that there is definitely something that always makes me want to run anytime Liam has me in a corner. Like I already knew I wanted to be with him, I already decided that, but there's always something whispering in my head that I'm not good enough for Liam.

"Well... Where are my clothes? I need to..." I was saying when Liam interrupted me, "You want to run away like you did when we kissed. I'm not having any of that today. We are going to have breakfast like civilised people, and just incase you decide to play smart, I'm going to do this." He walked to the door and locked it.
"What would your staff think of me? They'll think we are having sex. It'll be too awkward when I leave, like one night stand kind of awkward. I'll now be the lady that just had sex with their boss." I said, trying to give another excuse.
"I'll like everyone to go home and rest. You'll can come back tomorrow and continue where you stopped." He announced to his staff, and proceeded to put off the microphone triumphantly signifying 'problem solved.'

I weakly sat down 'cause right now I really have no excuse. We ate in silence, as we exchanged glances, everytime I took a bite Liam smiled. Honestly, the food was really good and as much as I don't like to admit, he cooks better than I do.