Chapter 12: struggle

The trio walked and walked, all they saw was forest. The bramble was a blockade to most of there way through. So far it was "smooth sailing" while they marched to there destination. "So nille" Ovi piped up braking the silence of the wood. "Did you know that Tugs could be so noble to sacrifice himself" Nille's heart sank by even the thought of tugs, she knew she would have to come to terms about him. "No, I didn't know he would..."
             The conversation was stopped abruptly by a rustling in the bushes, ovi reaches for her bag and nille her crossbow. The group tightens up and goes into a defensive stance. They held there position waiting for something to jump out of the green lush. They watch as a giant bird walks out slowly.
               Ovi gasps "walk calmly away, don't provoke it and just walk." Ovi tugs on nilles shoulder but nille just stands there, frozen in fear. Ovi looks to the bird and back behind herself. She shakes nille and she snaps out of her trance. The bird was walking towards them with its head twitching questionably towards them. Qualm was already hidden in the brush, Ovi and nille start to back off.
          The bird gets closer and closer, eventually inches away. The two stop and it searches them, sniffing them and checking them. Ovi and nille hold there breath, feeling the birds breath on them. The bird moves closer one more step before a loud shriek is heard from a ways off. The bird flies off and disappears back into the green lush it came from. Ovi and nille sigh.
           "What was that" nille asked while falling to the ground and breathing hard. Ovi composes her self and looks around. "I'm pretty sure that was a baby roc" Nille looked back at her. "Baby?!" Nille exclaimed "that bird was huge, it could eat us all in one bite." Ovi sighs " let's just hope the mother doesn't trace the scent back to us, we should go." Qualm appeared from the bush and nodded, the group walked in a more defensive stance than before.