Chapter 54

He stirred in his sleep slowly when he felt a soft hand caressing his head. He smiled at the touch he felt as he knew whose hand it was.

Her.

He opened his eyes and saw there was no one in the room. He sighed sadly as it was not the first time he felt her near him.

He snuggled into the pillows and sniffed. He could still smell her on her sheets and it made him feel like she was there with him on the bed. He sat up on the bed and the first thing he saw was her face which made him smile.

He walked straight and stood near the wall which had the photo collage made by her. It has become a daily ritual for him now that as soon as he wakes up, he sees her smiling photo.

Seeing those photos itself brought back all those memories. He looked at the photo which was taken before she was admitted in the hospital. She had leaned onto his shoulder and he was kissing her forehead. Anu's mother had clicked the photo without their notice and they had never thought it would be their last picture.

A lone tear escaped from his eyes and that's when he felt a warm hand touch his shoulder. He turned and saw her looking at him lovingly. She wiped his eyes and kissed his forehead.

He closed his eyes feeling her and when he opened his eyes, she was not there.

He could feel her near him, her presence engulfs him and it made him extremely happy as she was with him as she promised.

When he told this to Anu's parents, they smiled at him but he sensed worry in their eyes as they must have thought he was just imagining things.

He doesn't care if people thought of him as mad or crazy. He just wanted her to be with him. It's just only her who keeps him sane.

She would definitely come back to him because she knows he wouldn't be able to live without her and atleast for the sake of his life she would come back.

He quickly got ready and went outside to see Anu's parents sitting gloomily on the dining table without eating.

" Good Morning." He said chirpily and sat down to eat.

They looked at him who is eating his breakfast calmly. They wondered what had happened to make him so happy and what had happened which reduced his pain.

" I am leaving." They heard him saying.

" Sid beta." Anu's mom called him.

" What happened to you?" She asked him.

" What happened to me? Nothing." He said confused.

" Last whole month you were so depressed that we thought we would lose you but from last one week we are seeing that you are happy and don't look sad anymore." Anu's father questioned him.

Siddharth just smiled at his concern.

" Siddharth, please we are worried about you beta!" Anu's mom reasoned.

" Don't worry Ma, I am looking happy because I am happy." He said smiling at her.

" And the reason is.....I can feel her presence.....I am happy she is with me." He said and went away making them more worried than they already are.

******

He slowly opened the door and peeked inside the room. He saw the beautiful face which brings peace to his heart. He smiled and walked towards her who is lying on the bed peacefully.

He caressed her cheek with his hand and kissed her forehead. He looked at the side of her head which was operated. It is freshly bandaged and grimaced at the thought that how much pain she must have gone through.