Chapter 38

Jason helped Blair out of the car, his arm around her waist as she leaned against him, limping to the front door

Jason helped Blair out of the car, his arm around her waist as she leaned against him, limping to the front door. No one had said a word on the drive back to the mansion, he wasn't sure if there was a reason for that or not, but he kept quiet as Blair clung to him in the backseat like she was scared someone was going to rip her away from him.

Ahead of them, Bruce held open the door while Jason walked by her side as slow as she was walking, her injuries leaving her with a limp that the paramedics said would be temporary. Once they had finally made it past the open door, they were ambushed by Alfred and Kate. Blair continued to hold onto Jason while Kate reached for her, studying all of her injuries while Jim Gordon walked into the house behind them, "Hey, how bad is it? Are you okay?"

Blair opened her mouth to respond when her uncle cut her off, looking at Bruce and Alfred with his arms crossed, "We have police at the gates, only approved people can get through."

"We have our own security measures in place." Bruce responded, his gaze shifting from Jim to Blair. She felt his eyes on her and a sudden jolt of anger spread through her like wildfire. It was brief, but strong enough to surprise even her. It was because of his decision to keep her out of the loop that she was put in danger to begin with. With that one look at her, he knew what would be coming the minute Jim left the house. "Kate, can you help Blair get cleaned up? She's going to need some help with that today."

Kate took Blair's free arm, untangling her from Jason, throwing her a knowing look. One that said she knew exactly what kind of thoughts were running through Blair's mind, not that she blamed her for it. Both her and Jason had given Bruce hell when he let slip that he kept Two-Face's escape a secret from Blair for three days.

Jason let go of Blair, watching as her and Kate slowly climbed up the stairs to Blair's bathroom, Kate muttering what seemed to be calming phrases as they went. He couldn't blame her for being angry, not with Bruce. In fact, the only person who didn't seem to be angry with him was Jim, and that was because he had no clue to the things they did every single day.

Ignoring Jason's glare, Bruce turned to Jim to argue about the security at the front gate. Biting back a string of curses, he pushed past Alfred to sit on the couch while he waited for Blair to come back.

********

Upstairs in Blair's bathroom, Kate started to run bath water while Blair struggled to get out of her clothes. Every motion hurt, like she had been hit by a thousand ton truck. She tried to lift her shirt over her head, then suck in a sharp breath at the pain that came from the tiny movement.

Kate stood up from the bathtub, walking over to help Blair with her clothes despite her weak but stubborn protests. She knew that she needed help, but she was tired of people assuming she couldn't help herself, that she was weak, that she needed to be protected. Kate raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms as Blair struggled to take her jeans off, "Blair, sit down and let me help you. Accepting my help doesn't make you any less of a badass."