18

Days later...

Messiah Brewster
"Whatchu doing out here? ," outside Messiah came and sat beside Sincere on the steps.

"Nothing catching the breeze. ," Sincere broke down the weed in front of her.

"You straight after yesterday? With June and I being here at your crib? ," asked Messiah.

"Yeah it's whatever. You mind turning the speaker up for me? ," not taking her attention from what she was doing she nodded her head towards the speaker.

"I gotchu that nigga lucky I wasn't here. ," mumbled Messiah doing what was asked of him adjusting the volume of the speaker.

"That's the other ones name it's Lucky. ," stated Sincere.

"Okay. ," said Messiah.

"I'm from the bottom of the bottom check yo sources baby. I'ma war baby, but I can't divorce the paper. ," rapped Sincere as she hummed along to the beat rolling up her backwood.

"You like Roddy music ma? ," questioned Messiah placing his Dutch from behind his ear into his mouth firing up.

"Mmhm War baby and Boom boom room my favorites. You know him or something? ," spoke Sincere licking and sealing her backwood.

"You done packing? ," Messiah inhaled smoke into his lungs.

"The only thing left is the kitchen. ," said Sincere.

"Come on let's gone handle that. ," said Messiah standing to his full height blowing out smoke.

"Hold on let me spark this first. ," stood Sincere catching fire to her backwood, taking in as much as she could before going inside with Messiah not far behind.

"I been meaning to ask you when you start smoking so much, I thought you hated the smell. ," Messiah took another puff holding it between his lips.

"I dunno over time I guess things change. ," shrugged Sincere.

Just as the two entered the kitchen they started grabbing the silverware that was wrapped in newspaper placing them into boxes. Having short conversation Sincere rolled her eyes at the loudness of her best friend voice.

"Noonie come get your brother! ," Xahkeia yelling from down the hall.

"Nobody even doing shit to her! ," said June.

"Both y'all come help in the kitchen! ," replied Sincere.

"Coming! ," yelled Xahkeia.

"I wanna take you out. ," Messiah randomly blurted out.

"Messiah. ," started Sincere tapping close a box.

"As friends show you around. ," spoke Messiah.

"New York my city too I know my way around. ," said Sincere.

"I can show you my shop where my drawing comes to life at. ," pressed Messiah.

"You finally listened to me and started tattooing? ," questioned Sincere slightly smiling.

"Seeing my life flash with you and Kairi in some of the images I knew I had to do something different. It wasn't just about me anymore. ," stated Messiah finishing his Dutch tossing it away.

"I'm proud of you. ," said Sincere blowing smoke from her lips before inhaling again.

"I appreciate it. So you gone slide or not? ," asked Messiah staring at her.

"I'll come scope out your shop; might even get a tattoo if that makes you happy. What's it called? ," asked Sincere filled up a box.

"Monster Ink. I was Monster before I left the hood that's what everyone else knows me by so I stuck to my roots. Only my family, my daughter, and you know the real me. ," Messiah closed a box sliding it over to her so she could tap it shut.