Annihilation

Leila was at her locker rubbing her eyes. She hadn't slept well in a couple of days, and couldn't shake off the feeling that something bad was about to happen, or had happened to her. Truth is her encounter with the masked man who had man handled her, left her in a constant state of anxiety. "We have Ms. Judy's class Biology...and then...after that...hold up let me quickly check what is next.." Thomas said rushing through his diary trying to get hold of the class schedule. Kyle and Ian were at the lockers opposite them, looking at lewd pictures of girls laughing, Zach was smoking in the corridor broodily staring at Leila talking to Thomas, and Leila was only half listening to what her classmate was saying. She could see a little curly haired boy's head bobbing up and down the corridor. Her heart skipped a beat. There he is , in his little 8th grade shorts , big old school bag (much in need of a replacement), smiling and waving at his schoolmates who stared at him like he were a peasant. He soon reached Leila's locker

"Hiya Le-.." Justin said, unable to finish because Leila lunged onto him breaking into a strong embrace.

"Geez Leila ...you'll get me into trouble again with Zach" he said trying to get Leila off of him but she wasn't letting go.

"how are you?" she whispered emotionally

"I'm all find now Leila"

"Are you sure?"

"yep...all healed up, thanks to Williams hospital.." he said giggling, Leila let go of him, staring into his face deeply. "How can you make such jokes Justin" she said concerned.

"How are you doing Justin" Thomas said, giving justin a small high five.

"Honestly guys I am really doing fine"

"Having a little beggar reunion are we?" Pearl came from behind together with Oliya and Alicia snickering at Leila. None of the beggars replied to her.

"Come on, let's go to Ms. Judy's class" Leila said closing her locker, "See you at lunch break Justin" she said to her friend.

"See ya lunch time Leila" Justin said , waving enthusiastically at Leila, while Pearl scoffed at them.

Leila arrived at Ms. Judy's class, and as always she could feel the tension from the others. Class went silent as usual as she walked in, but it was different this time, the whole class was staring at her as though in anticipation. As she started walking to her desk, she could see there was graffiti and words written on it. In a big black marker were the words "SLUT" "WHORE" "BITCH" Written on it, "GO DIE" in another corner. There were a box of condoms thrown all across her desk and chair.

"Looks like your desk has  your name written all over it" Pearl said snickering at Leila as she stared in shock. Leila felt disgusted as she looked at her desk. She could hear the rest of the class starting to laugh. The door kept opening up and closing as more classmates started to come into class, and the excitement kept getting louder and louder. Leila felt numb, she took a big sigh, and brushed the condoms off her desk. She took off her school blazer, and used it to cover her desk and went on to sit on it. She wouldn't give them satisfaction of seeing her break.

The door opened and closed, the class went silent again...unlike with the anticipation from her..it was more to do with the authority that the in comer exuded onto the class. Leila didn't bother to look up, as she heard big footsteps walking over to her. They wouldn't have showed this type of respect to her teacher. She wasn't surprised when the chair scrapped itself on the floor and she felt a big figure sitting next to her. He bent down to pick up a box of the condoms that she had thrown onto the floor.

"Size small....huh?" he said looking at the condoms, He smiled a handsome smile, while Leila turned to look at him "You were right to throw them ..this definitely wouldn't have worked for us anyway" Xavier said, Leila blushed quickly looking away.