06 | More than friends

Chapter 06: More than friends

It was almost the end of lunch. Luke and I wanted to meet in private, away from everyone. The rumors about us had started, and we didn't want them to spread.

They weren't very kind.  Rumors never are.  I can already predict what they'll say:

He's using her, he'll dump her, she's related to a farm animal...

That last one is a little creative, I'll admit.  I learn so much about myself in rumors.

 "I should pick up your coffee more often," Luke murmured into my ear, closing the door shut behind me.

I turned into him.  His blue eyes had a sea of color in them. We were alone together now and hadn't been alone together since our date...

There were four minutes before the bell would ring. I stood in a chemistry lab, surrounded by sterile counter tops and a shelf of bunsen burners.

And, most importantly, him.

Like I said, four minutes. No more time to waste. I reached out, took his shirt in my hands and pulled him towards me. Our lips crashed against each other. I pushed my body against his and he wrapped his arms around me, gripping me even closer. 

Three minutes.

He pushed me against a counter top and his own fingers slipped under my shirt. With one easy flick of his wrist, I felt my bra suddenly loose on my body. I arched my back at the feeling and raised my hand into his dark hair.

Two minutes.

"Oh," I moaned as his lips left my mouth and traced my neck.

One hand wrapped in his dark hair and the other raised in the air. He grabbed my wrist. Seconds before it crashed against a shelf of test tubes. They rattled, but no damage down.

"Careful, Millie. Let's not bring the place down."

I couldn't speak right now. I brought his head back up and pressed my lips against his. Then I kissed his jawline and his cheeks.

One minute.

His shirt was undone. Completely undone and partially ripped. It was my fault. All my fault. His hands were in my hair and his body was over mine, as we lay on the counter top. It was sterile no more.

Zero.

A shrill sound filled the classroom.

"Is that the fire alarm?" I breathed heavily as I felt his body distance from mine.  

"You mean the bell?" 

"No," I smiled, knowing he was about to give me sh*t for this joke, "Because it's so hot in here."

He laughed at me, so I playfully pushed him with my foot.  We were both still on the counter top and he held onto my foot, almost pulling me closer with it.  But we heard the sound of students outside and I quickly had to do up my bra while he buttoned his shirt.  

"Here, I'll help you," he said, when he saw I was failing and we were running out of time.  

People were right outside the door.

He reached over and quickly clipped my bra together 0.5 seconds before the first student walked into the room.

The door opened and a senior recognized him immediately, "Luke.  Hey, you're in this class?  And hey... you."

I'm not such a household name, apparently.  Shocker.

"Hey you," I replied with an equally charming greeting.