Chapter 5

Whenever my frame of mind isn't good, the most immediate method I have to treat it, is to degenerate—to drown (whether or not that meant using poison to quench my thirst—I did not care). So for the past few days I've been drowning—drowning at the kind of place requiring a high-level membership card, the one being chosen. Cards, for such places, all given to me by Lee to use, as Lee knew I was this sort of vulgar person, with a low sense of taste who only knew to pick the most expensive thing to consume. Seems like the more pleasurable something is, the more zeros they have, so in that case, maybe piling up more of them will be able to raise my own self worth.

I tucked myself away at some seat in Narcissism's VIP section, the unusually dark lighting in this part of the club made it easy for me to see Zhou Wenyang's bar clearly, while guaranteeing he could not see me. I knew he worked here every weekend, and I wasn't ready to go back to school as yet, so when I wanted to check observe him, I came here to his place of work and waited.

The always cool and insufferably arrogant when facing others, who's morality was not much better than that of one who was a target of scorn: Lin Jing, was actually hiding, and sneakily popping his head out from behind the alcoholic drink in his hand to steal a peek at Zhou Wenyang.

"Lin Jing."

I was so enthralled in my gazing that I wasn't even aware that someone had come and sat down beside me until I felt a hand tap against my shoulder, causing me to smash that glass of some expensive drink in my hand onto the floor—with a bang!

"What happened, did I scare you?" That hand resting on my shoulder showed no intent of removing itself.

That face, which was a mix of Chinese and Western, belonging to the half-blood who was said to be the year's most XXXX, when I think that face is not even worthy of lifting up Zhou Wenyang's shoe. It was most likely that those magazines, out of the fear that he would used his money to crush them, reluctantly—with streaming tears—took his photograph to make their covers.

I crinkled my brows and used a prideful look as my eyes swept towards him, while inside my heart poured full of complaints. How he found this place, I didn't know. All I knew, was that he absolutely did not have those sneaky eyes of his on me again as that of a man flirting to pass the time.

"I never thought I'd run into you here. If I'd known you liked coming here earlier, I would've dropped by a few days ago to check it out." He smiled very much like a gentleman. His gestures all completely impeccable, yet, from my point of view, why did the smile on his face look so obscene.

Truth be told, this man's looks, physique, self-restraint, and background—relatively speaking—all made him superior within that circle of friends of his; but I just didn't know why when I saw him, I always felt my eyes were offended. Compared to that loathsome Lee, I detested him a lot more.

While under his gaze, I also felt that my open legged pose was a bit too alluring so I closed them; not saying a word as I stood up and turned to leave.

Having failed in his attempt at flirtation under the eyes of the crowd, caused that seasoned and well honed face of Eric's to lose a bit of its composure, his hand reaching out to pull my arm: "Lin Jing!"

"Let go." I wanted to shake his hand off in disgust. Everyone was looking our way; and I, in no way, had the slightest intention of leading him on to leave him a little bit of face. How did that saying go again: kindness towards an enemy, is cruelty towards oneself~

Eric's hand, along with his tall stature, made my own physique inferior by comparison. I felt his hand gradually tighten, however, his smile still remained soft and courteous: "Sit down and have a drink with me, alright."