Chapter 6

T/n: Laoshi means teacher.
_____________________________

After that time, I had so many people around me I could start a game of poker.

All these men, I was engaged with, were all beauties of each and every kind, each having not one thing in common with the other to the point where one could open an exhibition to display their variety of uniqueness. Apart from them all being men, they had no common ground between them; but if I had to choose, I'd pick a certain area of similarity—something that was with similar to Zhou Wenyang.

Heheh! Yes, this was how I consoled myself, or would it be better to say deceiving myself? Some had eyes like his; some had a similar chin to his... and I, from each one to the next, gathered up all these fragments of Zhou Wenyang. His hair, his voice, his smile, the expression in his eyes... even though I knew these pieces would never form a complete Zhou Wenyang for me, I still stubbornly persisted.

In this Lin Jing's life, there's only one centre of gravity, and it's Zhou Wenyang. Despite all the things I do that pull me towards the opposite direction and farther away from him; in reality, I revolve around him, like some stupid satellite.

My days as a student of South High during came to an end very quickly during that blistering summer. Even though I pretended to fill in college entrance exam application, and even the graduation form afterwards. The truth was, to me, the questions on that exam form was no different than my three years on that highschool campus—indistinct and utterly meaningless. (So when I received an acceptance letter from T-University near the end of my summer vacation, I had no choice but to lament at my father's powerful reach. Back then, I had thought that even if his son were a pig, he'd probably be able to get him a college diploma.)

But in the end, South High of, all places, gave me one tiny shock which had successfully engraved itself into my mind forever. This deep impression made me, many years later, successfully recall that during my high school days, an English teacher, and homeroom teacher, named Ouyang Xiwen existed...
(Of course, it's not at all the sort of thing you're conjuring up in your minds where this great teacher saved my sinful soul and made me into a pillar of socialist righteousness... that stuff is for primary school essays. What shocked me was obviously more—much more—great in magnitude~~)

On the day of the incident, Zhou Wenyang and I were both on our way to deliver the entrance exam application forms of the entire class. (The task was his responsibility as the class prefect, and because I procrastinated on until the very last minute on handing in my form, he had to sit and wait in that classroom until the sun went down, and there wasn't a soul in sight, before he finally received the completed form of this rotten apple.) His expression was not nice, his lips remained sealed, and I did not dare utter a word. Thus two people back then, extremely quietly, walked to the door of the dedicated office of that homeroom teacher named Mr. Ouyang.

The door was cracked opened and Zhou Wenyang, out of good habit, reached out to knock but before he could I heard faint voice coming from inside. But, although it was light, it made me pull back Zhou Wenyang instantly and gesture to him to shush. Afterwards, I motioned to him that we should both slowly approach the door to have a look inside.

At first glance, I almost shouted. Which was really not a wise move after hearing those muffled moans. I, who had ample experience with that sort of action, immediately knew exactly what was going on, but nonetheless made one crucial error.

I thought it was Ouyang and his girlfriend who were hidden away in there like some sort of rendezvous between lovers. So I wanted to tease Zhou Wenyang to make him open his eyes and see a world of knowledge—broaden his horizons, you could say. However, what happened was something I never expected, because inside that office, entangled with one another— were two men.