3

My last class of the day went by surprisingly fast. I quickly make my way down the schools front steps and make a dash for my house. Completely racing past my brother and half knocking him and his friend down in the process.

All afternoon my mind was on a constant loop regarding Aviana's words. I realized that i've been caught up in too much of the underworld than I preferred.

I make my way upstairs to my room and slam the door. Almost making it fall from the hinges, I cringe. Dropping my bag to the floor and plopping down onto my bed. I pull my phone out and start my research.

Genovese family. I type into google.

Genovese crime family.

The Genovese crime family is one of the Five families that dominate organized crime activities in New York City. The Genovese family is the oldest and the largest of the Five Families. The family has benefited greatly from members following Omertà. A code of conduct emphasizing secrecy and non-cooperation with law enforcement and the justice system.

No actual data, no names, no faces, nothing.

But they were active, still active. My finger hovers the mouse wanting to click the news section. But I don't. I don't want to know at all what they are capable of.

I slam my laptop closed. There was no point of scaring myself. Harper wasn't her brother. She was sweet, shy, and obviously not some manic wanting to stab everyone in the near distance.

I was fine, for now.

...

I rush down the stairs, tripping on the single broken stair. I mumble a fuck before making my way into the crowded kitchen.

"Morning!" Pouring a glass of orange juice. I quickly steal it from Jax's hands.

"Carmen!" Jax shouts and I raise an innocent eyebrow at his loud mouth. Turning and giving our mother a confused look.

"I have no idea why he's screaming." She just glared, not caring at all and going back to her magazine she was reading before.

Ringing out from my pocket. I cringe at the loud sound of my phone. Who would be texting me this early, I know like four people.

Unknown Number

Attachment: 1 Imagne

A photo of me infront of my window. I noticed it was taken through the alley. I was wearing the same clothes the night of the shooting.

I look up from my phone slowly to see my brother and mom talking.

I hear my heart beating faster in my ears. It must be some joke, i've got to be dreaming right now.

Going off again, I start pacing.

Unknown Number

Attachment: 2 Images

Two photos of me. The second, walking out of the school doors just yesterday. And the last of me right now. I snap my head up to the window ahead of me. Gasping when I only see my reflection staring back at me.

I throw my phone onto the bed and jet to my closet. Pulling clothes out and rushing to the bathroom. I get dressed as fast as I could, grabbing my phone, and basically booked it.

There I was walking fast down the street, and out in the open like I wasn't just sent a photo of myself from an anonymous person.

"I'm going to call Harper." I say aloud. Shaking my head and upper body.

I find myself hoping this person was from Harper's family, as crazy as it sounds. Surely she wouldn't let them hide my body. I'd have to tell her before it gets worse. It couldn't be a joke, it was fucked up. And with everything I find myself getting into lately. I had to tell her fast.

She could help me regardless, and she would, wouldn't she?

I make my way into a random coffee shop. Not knowing how far i've walked. I take a seat in an empty booth. Thanking past Carmen for getting Harper's phone number.

I pull her contact up, watching my fingers fly across the keyboard.

"Harper this is Carmen. We need to talk."

I type with trembling fingers, and in the matter of seconds, a blaring notification broke me out out my deep thoughts.

"Yes okay?"

"In person? I'll at Baker's cafe. I've seen you there before."

"Okay i'll be there." 

She probably assumed that it was about the school assignment that she's already finished.

Let's hope this goes good.

VOTE!!