Chapter 5

Towards that unconscious and exhausted person on the bed, Beitang Ao's mood could not be ascertained.

That birthmark, for successive generations, was a sigil only the eldest sons of the Beitang bloodline were allowed to inherit.

It not only stated the child's lineage, it also certified his identity, and even moreso, it symbolized his inherited ability.

It was unexpected that the eldest son of Beitang Ao, was not only born from illegitimacy, he was also birthed by a man. Prompting Beitang Ao's eyes to grow dangerously deep.

Yan Feili's lower body still appeared painfully torn, aching, and utterly lacking all strength; yet despite this, the sound of that weeping child had dispersed all of his pain.

Qiu Yeyuan carried the baby to him, gently placing it on his pillow.

With Yan Feili then lifting himself up to gazed at that child attentively. Once he saw all four of the child's limbs were perfectly fine, seeming to have no issues, his heart finally calmed soon after as he proceeded to sink back into the bed and descend into exhaustion driven sleep.

Following this, Beitang Ao leant over slightly to have a peek.

A small, crying and wrinkly face; thin and sparse hair; a protruding forehead with thin slits for eyes... it's so ugly! Was Beitang Ao's first internal reaction .

What he did not know however, was that all children under the heavens were born just like this.

Shooting a glance towards the fast asleep Yan Feili, Beitang Ao rose to his feet, saying to Qiu Yeyuan: "Take care of him here, and do not let a single soul come here and disturb him!" Then turned to leave after he spoke, catching sight of Hua Xiangyan at the entrance on his way out.

"General Hua, I do not wish for a fourth person to know of today's incident. Do you understand?"

"Yes! Hua knows nothing—and has seen nothing! Please be rest assured, Sect Master."

Seeing the expressionless face of the Sect Master as well as his calm way of speaking, Hua Xiangyan's heart simply trembled.

A man giving birth... this was not the norm! Much less for it to be a senior general of the Northern Sect of the Tianmen.

Although he did not know to whom this child belonged, presently in this dynasty, those who were cut-sleeves[1] were greatly despised, and homosexual love was forbidden in this world. Furthermore, this was especially true for those who are the one pushed down(the bottom). As they were even more so regarded as having no honour, lewd in every respect, and being of the lowest kind of creatures.

Never expecting that the always mild, honest and sincere, General Yan, would actually be... Hua Xiangyan sighed internally.

After seeing Sect Master Beitang had left, he thought it was not fitting for him to stay there any long as well. Hesitating a for a while outside the door, he nevertheless soon left for the Eastern Gate. All the while as Yan Feili continued to sleep deeply, not waking until the evening of the next day.

Hearing the loud cries of a babe within the room, the newly awoken man was confused for a short while.

Where did a baby come from? Then after a brief moment, he immediately remembered: Ah! That child belongs to me.

When Qiu Yeyuan saw he had risen, he made his way to the other man's bedside, saying: "General Yan, you're awake. I figured it was just about that time, so I had prepared some food for you. Please get up and have some."

"I'm sorry for troubling you."

Yan Feili added, before slowly raising his body, while the pain from his lower part made such an action hard to bear.

Qiu Yeyuan helped him sit up, then turned around to go get the prepared food.

"Wait!" Yan Feili called out to him in haste, "The baby is crying..." making Qiu Yeyuan feel somewhat embarrassed.

Though he was a world famous doctor, he had no experience in act raring a young one—this was even his first time delivering a baby. So not too long ago, after coaxing him for a long time, that child still did not quiet, thus there was simply nothing he could do.

So at that moment, he took the baby and placed him in Yan Feili's embrace: "I must trouble you to coax him while I go get the food, alright."

And after saying that, he left the room.

Yan Feili held the little one, not knowing what he should do. This baby was actually birthed by him, but he was a huge man, how was he to know anything about how to coax a child?

Yan Feili awkwardly patted the small one for a bit, yet the child still kept crying and crying, until his tiny face became reddened.

Afflicted by a sudden pang within his heart, and was unable to help his increasing panic. Couldn't he do anything for this child! Truth be told, this baby's arrival was strange in all. His own impressive five chi tall[2] male self, actually getting pregnant and giving birth to a child, was really unimaginable to the utmost degree!

Won't this child have problems as a result of such a conception! Thinking of this, Yan Feili's body released a cold sweat, his grip on that little life growing ever tighter.

................................

[1] 断袖之癖: cut-sleeve; an ancient euphemism for homosexuality.

[2] 尺: chǐ: is a measurement of a Chinese foot which is about 1.09ft in standard feet. So Yan Feili is about five foot, five inches.