Hunter's Shadow (CW)

Book: Hunter's Shadow Author: EmmaConnolly379 Chapters Read: Prologue and Chapter 1Genre: Werewolf Blurb: 

Author: EmmaConnolly379 
Chapters Read: Prologue and Chapter 1
Genre: Werewolf 
Blurb: 

26 year old Blake Hunter is the Alpha of the largest pack in the region and finding his mate is the last thing on his mind. Then, his father turns up on his doorstep and demands he do his duty by choosing a suitable Luna to complete and strengthen his pack before he takes matters into his own hands.

In the midst of dealing with uninvited relations, aspiring future Lunas and increasing rogue attacks on his eastern borders, a young woman stumbles out of the forest into his arms. Injured, afraid and with no idea who she is or how she got there she brings out his wolf's protective nature.

To keep her safe and unravel the mystery surrounding his new charge Blake must navigate dangers from both inside and outside his own pack even as they both struggle against their undeniable attraction. When her past returns to claim her will he risk his packs safety to keep her by his side? Or will the shadows surrounding them tear them apart for good?

Cover

Plain and simple: I don't like it.  The text for Hunter's Shadow is pretty cool, but I cannot see really anything on the cover.  I have the setting on my phone set to half the light power.  I have full power light on my desktop.  Both places it's just a dark mass with wolf eyes and the title. 

From what I can garner of the cover, it's just a faded wolf on a star background, then with the title thrown in?  I'm seeing some dark shape things that I'm not sure if are supposed to be something?  Just, all in all, I'm not getting drawn in.  I'm skipping past this overly dark cover to look at something better.  

I would recommend a brighter cover with something to make it stand out over all the other werewolf books.  Which, I know, is very hard.  But something as simple as a wolf and a night sky... I need more to make me pause.  Basically, give your cover some personality besides wolf and darkness.   

Title

I'm oddly a fan of it?  I think it's largely in part because of the double meaning (a shadow belonging to Hunter, and the shadow of a hunter).  I just hope that double meaning was intentional to kind of point to the fact werewolf are hunters and there will be werewolf things going on here.  Because, ya know, werewolves be violent.  

Don't get my hopes up for action just to rip it away please ;-; 

Blurb

*stares really hard at that 26*

*eyebrow twitches*

Okay, I know in different parts of the world, the rule is anything below ten is spelled out while stuff above that uses numbers.  But... It just does not look good.  At all.