Ch. 4: Curious Crush

When Ray led Peter out of the room, Victoria asked the remaining two, "is Ray okay?"

"Yeah, I'm sure he's fine," Egon answered with a closed-lip smile.

"Do you know something that I should know?" she asked then.

"What?" Egon asked, first confused by the question. "Oh! No, sorry. You're going to have to ask Ray." Secretly, Egon knew there was some hint of a crush going on between Ray and Victoria. Nevertheless, he thought he would leave it to the two to tell each other that.

Twelve minutes later, Ray and Peter came back into the room.

"Winston. Egon." Peter called them over to the door while Ray walked back toward Victoria.

"Yeah, Pete?" Winston asked as they walked over to him.

"We're gonna let these two alone for a little while."

Spengler and Zeddemore walked out first, and before Peter shut the door behind them, he looked over at Ray and Victoria, who were looking back at him either expectantly or confusingly. "We'll be out here waiting for you in the waiting area." He smiled and left.

As the three walked toward the waiting area, Winston asked, "Wait, did I miss something?"

"Tell me you're joking," Peter gave him a weird look. "Where've you been?"

Before Zeddemore got a chance to answer that, Egon replied, "Ray and Victoria have a crush on each other."

"Really? How did I not notice that?"

"That's a good question, Winston," Venkman responded.

"So, I take it he's in there asking her out right now?"

"Well, he was hesitant at first, but I talked him into it."

As the three ghostbusters left the room, Victoria turned to look at Ray, "Ray?"

Ray looked at her shyly and swallowed a nervous lump that was stuck in his throat. His mind was going a mile a minute, trying to find the right words on how to ask her out. "I, um," he cleared his throat, "I was wondering if, if you'd like to, uh, go, go out sometime? With me, I mean."

Victoria shared that same shy look, blushing at his words. "You want to go out with me?"

"I do. I know-why am I asking so soon when we've only met twice?" Ray sucked in a breath then let it out slowly. "Well, how we were talking for two hours yesterday, I've gotten to know you some. And, Peter pretty much told me that if I don't ask now, I'll lose my chance at asking a gorgeous woman out."

As if Victoria could not blush another shade of red, she smiled at him and answered, "I would love to go out with you, Ray."

Ray and Victoria were shy toward one another; They both seemed lost but fixated on each other. It was as if they had never dated someone before. As if love was new to them.

Back in the third-floor waiting area, about fifteen minutes after they left Ray alone in the room with his crush, the Ghostbusters were either sitting or standing against a wall.

"He sure is taking long," Winston said aloud, looking toward the room's direction.

"Hey, they're into each other," Peter told him. "Give him some time."

"I'm going to suggest that she said yes. Hence, why he's still in there," Egon noted.

Unexpectedly, Winston saw someone he recognized walk in the direction of Victoria's room. "Hey, guys," Zeddemore said, using his head as a pointer, "That nurse from downstairs, who has a thing for Ray, is up here. And look where she's headed."