An Unexpected Lineup

A/N: Once again, this week's art is by @Amaura1406 ~! I feel like this particular piece fits this chapter the best lol ( •-)

The next morning, all the reporters and media correspondents were ready and anxiously waiting at Ground Zero waiting for the main showcase to make an appearance. The entertainment world hadn't had such enthralling news in a long while.

They felt like any moment could easily become an attractive headline. Besides the reporters on the scene, interested viewers attentively waited by their screens, eager for the press conference to begin.

The people of Ground Zero took their seats one by one on the dot at nine o'clock. In the middle sat Midoriya Izuku, with Shinsou Hitoshi on his left and Iida Tenya on his right. There was also Kaminari Denki, Kirishima Eijirou and Jirou Kyouka the Director of Public Relations, present.

Just the lineup alone shocked many reporters.

"Oh my God! My eyes! Midoriya's agent is actually Shinsou Hitoshi! This is practically a silent acknowledgement that Tonnac Rebemer's retirement is real!"

"What does Ground Zero mean by arranging Shinsou Hitoshi as Midoriya's manager? Do they want him to be Tonnac Rebemer's successor?!"

"Why does that Beta with the glasses by Midoriya's side look so familiar?"

"Oh, wait! Isn't he that lawyer from the Iida family, the Great Ingenium?"

"Didn't he handle that big economic case some time ago? What is he doing here...?"

"Look! There's Jirou Kyouka!"

"And Kaminari Denki!"

"So what if it's Kaminari Denki? There's Kirishima Eijirou sitting right there, okay!?"

"Seriously, what is with this lineup? A lifetime series!"

"Yeah, what kind of press conference for an actor has ever had this kind of turnout?!"

The first to speak was Kaminari. "First, allow me to introduce you to the newest member of our Ground Zero family, Midoriya Izuku."

The Omega stood up, bowed to the media and cameras, then sat back down. Today he was wearing a plain black suit, perfectly appropriate for formal occasions as these. There was no trace of nervousness in his expression, his calm dark green pupils like winter ice as he waited. A quick flash of cameras followed soon after as photographers took photos of him.

Denki continued, "Next, any questions regarding our Tonnac Rebemer that many netizens have asked will be answered one by one by his agent, Shinsou Hitoshi-san."

If it had been before, anything about Tonnac Rebemer would usually be at the center of attention, but now it unexpectedly became a topic everyone hoped would be done as soon as possible...

Thankfully, Shinsou's briefing style had always been efficient. He took a short moment to somberly announce Tonnac Rebemer's marriage and his intention of focusing on his family in the future, which cemented everyone's suspicions that Izuku was indeed expected to become Tonnac Rebemer's successor.

Just then, a reporter spoke up, asking, "We only want to know why Ground Zero wants to sign an actor with no morals, and even go as far as to set him up as Tonnac Rebemer's successor! Isn't Ground Zero afraid that in doing so will ruin you?"

Echos of similar demands popped up as well.

"Aren't you smearing Ground Zero's proud prestige—a single rotten apple can spoil the whole barrel!"

"Is it because he's an omega? Have all your senior managers gone mad or something?"

"Ground Zero, I'd like to see whether you have a good explanation for this or not!"