[28]

It all happened so quickly, one moment I was saying goodbye to my friends and the next moment I was holding Dom bleeding in my arms.

It's been three hours since he went into surgery, the police have been and taken our statements, they said they'd be back to get Dom's if he makes it through surgery, my parents have also been phoned and they're already on a flight here.

It turns out dad and the Cobras have been fighting this gang since they arrived back home, but they still have no idea who they are, every step they make, these people are a step ahead.

"Alena, are you okay darling?" Lorenzo questions as he sits down next to me.

I wipe my tears quickly and sniffle softly

"Here, it's clean." He hands me his hankie

"Thank-you" I take it and dab my eyes "I'm really sorry I got Dom into this mess," I tell him

"It is us who got you into this mess, you and the Cobras ." he sighs softly, "Franco tells me you were headed back to America?"

"I was meant to be leaving tonight."

"And now?"

"I can't leave him." I begin to sob hard

"Darling, shhh, he's going to be just fine" Lorenzo pulls me in for a hug, stroking my hair as he tries to calm me. "The two of you really mean a lot to each other huh?" He questions

I pull away from the hug look up at him "I love him" I tell him truthfully. "I love him and I know I shouldn't and I know you don't want me too but I love him."

"And he loves you." Riccardo speaks as he and Bex enter the hall with coffees in hand "here." He hands me my coffee

"Thank-you." I give him a soft smile

The doors to the surgery room open and Dom is wheeled through, he's still out cold, but he's alive and that's all that matters. I sit my coffee down on the chair and stand up, Lorenzo doing the same.

"All went well." The Doctor smiles as she makes her way over, Dom pushed into a private room.

"I was starting to get worried, it took a while" Lorenzo admits

"The bullet was lodged, it took us longer than expected to get it out, but once we did, it was all smooth sailing, he should make a full recovery, for now, he's still under the effects of the anesthesia, but once he wakes I'm most sure he'll be fine"

"Are we allowed to see him?" I question

"Of course, he has his own private room here, but keep it to three people at a time please." She turns and walks away

"Would you like to go first?" Lorenzo questions

"No, you guys go, I have to make some calls." I sit back down and pull my phone out.

It's been an hour since Dom first came out of surgery, Lorenzo, Bex, and Riccardo have now left and currently, Franco and two of the men are in seeing him.

I've been here the entire time, but I've been making calls, and keeping in touch with the Corbas while we try to work out what the hell this is.

"Your turn Principessa, we need to get back to the warehouse," Franco calls

I stand up and put my phone away, making my way over. "I'll call you if there is any change."

"Thanks." He smiles and gives me a hug "I'll see you later, he'll be okay." He kisses the top of my head and exits with the two men.