Chapter 53: The Night of Love

Manik watched the sky lit up with crackers all dumbstruck. A baby like expression graced his face which was exactly what Nandini had expected.
"Nandini how did you manage this? These crackers?", Manik asked the  much awaited question. " Happy Valentine's Day Manik", Nandini wished Manik. The cogs of his brain then started working. It was 14 February and like always a huge group of people coordinate and burn crackers together at exact 12.

"Happy Valentine's Day Nandini", replied Manik and took Nandini into a tight hug, " You have no idea what a surprise you have given me". Nandini was falling short of words , she just tightened her hug. This was enough for Manik to understand the unsaid words. "Come with me", Nandini held Manik's hand and took her through the pathway. As they approached the place, Manik could hear a river or a stream flowing by. Thousand bubbles of excitement were bursting in his stomach. What was ahead?

Manik was once again left speechless with what he saw in front of his eyes.
The river bank was beautifully light up with small candle lamps here and there. A huge tree over looking the bank was wrapped with fairy lights and a swing big enough to accommodate two was hanging from one of it branches.

The river bank (ignore the sofa )

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The river bank (ignore the sofa )

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The swing.

“Nandini how did you come to know about all this?” , Manik asked. All this was something which he was sure he never told Nandini about. “Manik like you I can also coordinate with your friends and come to know about your dreams and fantasies”, Nandini clean bowled him. He was caught. “How did you come to know I had asked Aryaman about the music list?”, he asked, a little shy now. “Tumhara mere favorite songs choose karna , randomly vo songs sunna Jo mujhe pasand hai. Kitne coincidences honge Manik? I'm not a kid I understand things. I knew it all the while. ( You chosing my favorite songs , then you randomly listening to those songs which I like. How many coincidences will be there Manik? I am not a kid I understand. I knew it all the while).”

Manik let go of the topic not willing to sadden the atmosphere. Nandini too didn't pester much and took him to sit on the swing. “All this is so surreal Nandini”, Manik said looking at the starry night sky. Being very well aware of his thought process, Nandini encircled her hands around his arms, smoothly drawings random patterns on it said ,“ Believe it Manik. Today marks the beginning of us”. Manik wanted to look into her eyes to see if he finds a hint of confusion in them. In spite of finding confusion what he saw was just determination and love for him. At that point Manik actually realized that his caring and loving attitude towards her has worked. He too cuddled Nandini in him. It was the picture perfect moment for them.

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें