18 // doesn't mean anything

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
doesn't mean anything
•••

CHAPTER EIGHTEENdoesn't mean anything•••

ɴᴏʟᴀɴ ᴍᴜʟʟᴇɴ

"Looks an awful lot like a date to me," Ava said, barely audible over Keith eating his chips.

Since our schedules didn't exactly match up, we never had time to actually hang out. We opted for the occasional FaceTime instead.

Ava looked down at her laptop and back up to her phone screen.

"Nolan, I didn't even know you could be this happy."

She spent the past few minutes just reading articles about me and scrolling through the pictures.

I rolled my eyes and took another sip of my water before getting back to work.

Beckett grabs Kaelyn's wrist. Kaelyn turns around and looks at him. Beckett leans in to kiss her.

I'd never read a script more cliche than that.

"I won't even bother bringing either of you to the premier of this," I said, flipping over to the next page.

Another round of silence came as we were all busy with work. It wasn't until quite a bit later when Keith finally spoke.

"Nolan, you like him, don't you?" he asked. Keith had always been the more quiet one. He could talk when he had to, but he often just chose not to.

Things between Keith and me had been weird for quite a bit. Keith was technically the first one I came out to. He was the first one I actually said the words to.

What I didn't know when I told him, was that he was bisexual. And apparently he was into me. When he told me, I got scared and didn't talk to him for days. That was until Ava decided to fix things.

Things haven't been the same as they were before, but at least we could talk again. I just wasn't into him, and I wasn't ready for a relationship either.

"I— no— I don't! I think... I don't know?" This was always a difficult question for me. Like, how was I supposed to know?

"I think he might like you too, Nolan," Ava butted in. "He only wanted too hang out with you."

Most likely because I had that god damn panic attack. He probably wanted to because pitied me or some shit. Yet I went anyways.

"That doesn't mean anything," I just said, not wanting to get into detail.

"Certainly it does," Ava argued.

I just sighed and continued reading the lines. I sat there, both Ava and Keith typing away on their laptops on the other side of my phone screen.