XXIII

•••

"You have scratches all over." Jisoo says when they all went closer, more likely to Prince Seokmin, who was still soaked. He calls out a servant and asks for a towel and medical kit.

Seokmin stood still as he was examined by the other. The servant comes back and hands them what the prince requested. Jisoo offers him the towel. He thanks the Prince and sits on the chair, the table already set and prepared for their breakfast spree. He wipes the towel over his face when he feels Prince Jisoo sit besides him. "Your left arm seems burned, let me wrap a bandage on it for you."

"Eh?" Seokmin says, dumbfounded all of a sudden. Jisoo smiles and pulls his left arm, placing it on his lap, wrapping the bandage over neatly. "Does it hurt?"

Seokmin snaps out of his reverie and shakes his head a little to hard, "No. Uh, no. I'm fine. I'm used to it. We always spar like that. Soonyoung's magic is no big deal." He tries to laugh it off but winces when Jisoo presses a hand over his arm, raising a brow at his words. "If you say so."
He says, letting go of his arm and gazes at him. Seokmin feels like melting at his intense staring. "But, please be careful, okay. For me?"

"I will." He found himself whispering back, staring back at Jisoo's eyes filled with worry. Their staring contest broke when Chan merges into view, crying out Jisoo's name. "Prince Jisoo! Soonyoung hyung is mean." He pouts, making the older coo at his cuteness.

"I am not!" Soonyoung retorts, hearing what Chan said. Jihoon lets out a "you sure?" beside him, making the latter shut up, not noticing his betrothed.

"Oh! Prince Jihoon, good morning." He chirps, smiling widely at the other. Jihoon gives him a side way glance, humming in reply and pointing at the seat besides him. Soonyoung takes it as an invitation and sits beside him. "I didn't get to see you fight." Jihoon murmurs when he settles. He takes a plate and puts it in front of Soonyoung.

"You, uhm," Soonyoung pauses, scratching the back of his head, clearly embarrassed all of a sudden. "want to see me fight?"

Jihoon nods and picks the basket of bread and offers it to Soonyoung, "want some?"

He could only blink at what he was doing and takes one, placing it on his plate.

"Jam?" The younger offers again. Soonyoung nods, thanking him. He grabs the bread knife, smearing it on his bread. Taking a bite, he could see in his peripheral view that Prince Jihoon is staring at him. Swallowing his food, he turns to him and asks. "Is something wrong, Prince Jihoon?"

Jihoon owlishly blinks in surprise, he wasn't aware he was staring before, so he looks back at his plate. "I was wondering if you could ..." he could only whisper the last part, hanging his head low.

Soonyoung leans closer to him, "what are you murmuring?"

"You're too close again." Jihoon says, swatting him gently. Soonyoung stares at him, confused. "What? I couldn't hear the last part of what you said."

Jihoon's face turn slightly pink before looking away. "I'll tell you later." He grabs the pitcher on the table and offers it to Soonyoung. "Water?"

Wonwoo puts his book down when Prince Mingyu slumps on the seat next to him, he scans the prince up and down, sighing at his mess.

"You have leaves on your hair." He points. Mingyu pats his hair, completely missing it. Wonwoo rolls his eyes at him. "Lower your head a bit." Mingyu does as told, letting the Prince do it instead.

"Can't believe Prince Seokmin struck you to a tree." Wonwoo mutters as he plucks the last leaf on his hair. Mingyu groans, "you saw that?"

"The whole fight."