XXV

•••

"I am bored."

It was a week and a half since their arrival, all seems in good terms and they all bond like how friends would but the intent is not friendship but marriage. Between planning and training, Chan managed to be the 13th wheel whenever they gather. His hyungs adamant on getting close to them.

When Seungcheol announced his plan, rather too early in the morning to escort Prince Jeonghan for a walk, they all snapped awake and murmured they will do the same, and in a blink, they were all out of the room.

He was the last one up, and along the way he bumped onto some of them. As he said, Seungcheol did escort the eldest omega, they were walking out of the castle doors, heading to the garden.

When he went to the dining halls, he found Seungkwan and Hansol, scarfing down what was supposed to be his breakfast too. They flashed him an apologetic grin when he raised a judgemental brow at them.

Chan shakes his head and turns to look for Mingyu, hoping he still has some food left in his travel compartment. Walking back up to the second floor, he finds the older getting out of their room, nothing unusual not until he saw Kim 'I have 20/20 vision' Mingyu wearing freaking glasses, it was black and thick-rimmed, probably the owned by their eldest's. Mingyu gave him an awkward grin as he stood there, staring dumbly. He passed Chan and headed to the opposite direction.

'the hell.' Chan mutters and went back down to the dining hall. This time, Junhui and Minghao were there, bickering back and forth in rapid chinese. It seems like bickering to him, as Prince Minghao stands up and points a spoon at Junhui's face. The older laughing nonstop, making the other's face redder. 'Anger?' Who knows.

He rolls his eyes and leaves them be, he turns and bumps into Seokmin, almost making him drop the tray he was holding in a hurry. Chan blinks in surprise at his older brother, sending him a questioning gaze.
Seokmin mouths him 'later', hands the tray to a maid passing by and scurries off out of the castle doors.

Chan decided to go out too, the weather was nice to go and wander around. He sees Soonyoung, surrounded by a few royal guards. He looks around and sees no Prince Jihoon around.  Chan walks to where they were standing, the guards about to leave, he waves at them when they bow to him as they passed. "Hyung." He calls, the older turning with a brotherly smile on his face. "Where you headed to?"

"Oh, I'm gonna go round the kingdom. I heard trouble stirring in the south and I want to check it." Chan was confused. "You're not gonna meet Prince Jihoon?"

"He's having a study session with his personal attendant. I asked if I could have a moment but they both glared at me so I left. Prince Jihoon said he'll meet with me later." Soonyoung explains, mounting on the horse the royal guard brought in. He waves a hand in goodbye at his hyung and walks ahead.

He huffs, suddenly annoyed, as all his hyungs are busy with their soon-to-be husbands, while him, he has no one.

Chan kicks the pebble on the ground, sulking, when his body got slammed, face about to kiss the ground in a fast motion. He props his arms to keep him steady, pushing himself up and whips to glare at the person.

"Yah! Watch were your going!" He shouts at him, dusting his pants and glares back at Chan.

"Excuse me? This isn't a playground, you should be the one watching." He spats back, crossing his arms over his chest.

He was about to rebut but another one came running to them, shouting. The stranger's eyes widen and about to run again, when strings of white latches on his wrists and ankles, pulling him. "Shit!" He exclaims and looks at Chan, eyes pleading. "Help me."