XXVII

•••

"Where are we going, Prince Minghao?" Junhui speaks up, he's been following the prince for quite some time now. The castle may seem small from afar, like any cliche looking one would be but the inside has to many floors, seven to be exact, each floor contains many rooms, at least on their floor there are eight rooms, and hallways and each hallway may contain some secret shortcut according to the prince. It was like a labyrinth with so many left and right turns. Junhui has only been to the castle garden, their bed chambers and dining hall, in which he still seeks help from the maids to point the way or he'll get lost.

Minghao stops causing to Junhui to bump on his back, "Why did you stop walking?"

Instead of a verbal reply, Minghao points at something ahead of them, following his finger, he glances up and snorts loudly at the sight.

"I have no words! No words! Mother of Topaz in the sky! Oh my-!" He leans on the wall for support, holding his arm around his stomach from laughter. Minghao hides his smile behinds his hands when the cause of their amusement went near them.

"Fancy seeing you two here." He grits his teeth in annoyance, rolling his eyes at Junhui who was now on the floor.

"What the hell are you wearing?" The older mutters, barely coherent as he laughs in between. He stands up and gives him another once over. "Why are you wearing Seungcheol hyung's thick rimmed glasses? Why is your hair parted in the middle? And why are you wearing that jumper?" Junhui scrunches his nose in distaste. Minghao raises his brow as well.

"I would never believe this day would come. You, Mingyu Kim, look horrible." The latter lets out an offended gasp, hand reaching to smack the older. "Take that back, assh-"

Minghao rolls his eyes at their banter, "Are you mayhaps looking for Wonwoo hyung, Prince Mingyu?"

The mention of his betrothed's name got his attention, "Could you tell me where he went? I have possibly opened every door at this floor on this hall and not even his shadow is found."

Junhui mumbles a "You know what his shadow looks like?" but went unheard, as Minghao ponders for a moment, "Library?"

Mingyu groans, "Which one?"

"Have you tried the one on the second floor? At the end of the third hall?" Mingyu nods, a frown marring his face, pouting at him. "I've been looking for an hour already."

Minghao snorts, patting his shoulders. Someone clears their throat. "Why are you lot here in the hallway?"

All three jerks away, looking at the person who spoke, raising a sassy brow at them. Minghao sighs in relief, "Doyoung-ssi, do you know where Wonwoo hyung is?"

Doyoung nods once, "Can you lead Prince Mingyu there?"

Nodding again, he beckons the prince to follow him, and turns at the end of the hallway. Mingyu looks confused. "He's Wonwoo hyung's personal attendant, just follow him. Also, don't piss him off." The threat got Mingyu shaking a bit before running off to follow the attendant.

He turns to Junhui who was silent the whole time. Minghao tilts his head at him, "Are you okay, Prince Junhui?"