CHAPTER 21

'If you think that everything's sugar and gold,

Then get ready to be surprised.'

🌌

10:36 pm
30th December 2024
In the hotel restaurant

*ting ting ting ting ting ting ting*
The spoon tinged against the wine glass, everyone's chatters silencing slowly. Now there was silence on the table, except for the small eating noises coming from the other end, near Taehyung.

"Ahem" Namjoon cleared his throat. "Taru, Y/N" he softly said to the two busy girls chewing off their chicken and not giving a damn. "Y/N!" he whisper-shouted again and Jungkook chuckled under his breath. The two best friends looked up from their plate, just to look at around fifty eyes staring at them. One of them, being Bang Si Hyuk's.

"I'm so sorry" Taru quickly threw the chicken wing back in the plate, wiping off her face. You did the same, looking back at the old man who was waiting for you both to finish. "Alright, are you done there ladies?" he finally spoke and the both of you chuckled embarrassingly.

"So today, is indeed the day before the Grammys. Yet another nomination for us in the biggest award show in the world. I need to hear some claps!" he said the last line loudly and all of you clapped, Taehyung and Jimin hooting with genuine smiles on their faces.

"So there are three reasons for this celebration. The upcoming Grammys that we are attending tomorrow being the first one; the second one, any guesses?" He asked with a smile and Taehyung raised both of his hands, ready to hear the cheers and hoots following after from the whole staff on the other tables and from the main table as well. "Yes, yes. Happy birthday to the hidden weapon of our group, Kim Taehyung."

Everyone clapped again and Taru quickly pecked his lips, followed by a hug by Bang PD nim for which Taehyung went to the other end. Coming back to his place, Taehyung sat down and then Si Hyuk continued.

"Now, the third reason, is something that I won't tell because I'm too tired. Jungkook-ah? Mind if you do it for me?" he said, a playful smile lingering on his lips as he looked at Jungkook, sitting down. After a few seconds, Jungkook stood up, nervously chuckling and eyeing Hoseok. Hoseok grinned, looking at him with encouraging eyes.

"Ah I- this is so nerve-wracking there are so many people here" he quickly said under his breath but everyone could hear it because of the pin-drop silence, causing small giggles to escape everyone's mouth. You were also excited, looking at Jungkook with shining eyes, ready for him to speak.