XXII. Dissonance

[This chapter will contain a lot of swearing so if you're uncomfortable with that... I can't really do anything about it. Sorry. ]

"You and Nam will be safe here. Just refrain from going out until we can find a way out of this." Mark stated, closing the window blinds. He turned to face Kris who was sitting at the edge of a bed as Nam was nursing the wound on his left arm. Earlier, Kris barely escaped another shot through his heart when they where escaping. It seems like they found out where he lives so Mark had to rescue them and gave them a place to hide.

"Im running out of luck Mark." Kris stated, his face contorting into a grimace of pain with every dab of the disinfectant making contact with his open wound.

Mark sighed before sitting down on the couch. "I can't do anything. I'm running out of money. Its just a matter of time before dad will take my car as well."

"Fuck," Kris cursed both at Mark's statement and the sting from his wound.

"B..babe. I talked to my father, but he won't listen to me." Nam said hesitating. Her voice was fragile and sweet just like her.

"If you have nothing good to say Nam just keep your mouth shut." Kris was irritated. He forcefully withdrew his arm from Nam's grasp before standing up.

The girl looked up to him with eyes full of hurt and fear. "Im sorry."

Kris smirked as he walked to the window. "Lets just wait until I get killed here." He said in a sarcastic tone before opening the blinds which Mark had just closed.

Nam immediately scampered towards the window and closed the blinds. He faced Kris with eyes full of fears. "No. You won't die Kris. I'm going back to my dad. Im gonna ask him for money again. I won't stop until he gives me enough money to leave this place and start again. Were gonna start again Kris."

"Why are you even here Nam? Why don't you go back to your parents and live a luxurious life?" Kris spat. His malicious smug never leaving his face as he looked Nam straight in the eyes like she was nothing of significance to him.

Nam shook her head as she tried to get closer to Kris. "I love you so much Kris. I won't leave you."

Kris took a step back, refusing any form of skin contact with her. "If you really love me then you should agree to what I've asked you last night."

"I... I can't Kris." Nam shook her head as she took another desperate step towards Kris.

"Then you should just fucking leave." Kris spat, pushing her back through her forehead using his pointer finger.

"Stop it Kris." Mark interrupted as he went to stand in between the couple. He faced Kris with a disappointed expression. "Stop being so irrational."

"Fuck off Mark." Kris shouted. "You two are the same. Yall keep on saying that you would help me but doesn't do any shit." Kris pushed Mark towards Nam who was now crying in the corner.

Mark was agitated. He charged at the other boy, grabbing him by the collar and cutting the distance between their faces. "The fuck is wrong with you Kris. You got yourself into this mess and now you're demanding us to save your ass. Fucking hypocrite."

Kris headbutted Mark which sends him staggering a few steps back clutching the left side of his head. "This is also your goddamn fault Mark. You're the one who got me into this fucking extortioning bullshit."

Mark closed his left eye as blood started dripping from the cut on his left eyebrow. He stared at Kris through one eye. "You willingly entered this world with me Kris. I didn't force you into anything. This is your own failure so man up and accept the consequences."