Chapter 23: Snow Garden

Dagen??^^^

You guys haven't met death boy yet, but Dagen's an entire mood. But you will in a few chapters and then all this will make sense.

Also, I'm working on publishing this series. I'm planning on redoing most of the worldbuilding for it. (it'll be the same but different if that makes any sense). I really want to make the world differently than the way I've been writing it. More technology advancements for some factions and really make the three factions completely unique from each other. It's still going to be the same Norah and relatively same plot but we're going to make the first book a little more interesting. What do you all think???

 My heels click over glossy stone; the echo sending a satisfying buzz up my spine. The dress Clarika had wanted me to wear billows behind me, the hem brushing against the ground.

I push against the glass doors and walk out onto the balcony of the Main Halls. Snow layering the balcony winks and sparkles under the slivers of moonlight. As Rima lifts her head, I walk through my mage-made isle of the snowplowed walkway.

"How do I look?" I ask, spinning around and posing for her.

Her eyes rake over me. "I think after two hours of preparation you should have a new face."

My expression drops, and I purse my lips. I turn, striding down the aisle to the glass doors. "I shaved my legs for this, Rima, this is serious." I lift my chin, staring at my reflection and adjust my lashes. I angle my head in every direction, checking to make sure the liner on my eyes hasn't smudged and that the gold and silver glitter on my lids sparkles under the moonlight and hasn't dusted my cheeks. The carefully applied highlight on my cheeks catches the moonlight and beams. I smack my lips together, enjoying the glittery gloss.

"I never said you look bad," Rima says as I flutter my lashes, watching as the tips glitter with gold and silver. As I step back, I fix the curled strands of hair framing the sides of my face and turn back to my dragon.

"But really, how do I look?"

She narrows her eyes thoughtfully and lowers her head in front of me. "Pretty." She recoils, sneezing. "You smell different."

I step back, sending an apology through the bond. "It's perfume."

"Are you trying to hide your scent from someone?" she retorts, half-amused. "Is that why you were in the bathroom for so long?"

I shrug, going to her side as she crouches. I shove my backpack into one of the pouches of the saddle, hearing my makeup brushes clatter together inside. "Well flying in a dress and in makeup wouldn't be very... smart. And making myself pretty takes time."

"Whatever," she says moving to her feet. "Just let me know when to come back after you've talked to your sister."

My head bobs as I step back, giving her enough space to take off. The thought of knowing I would have to open up to Clarika tonight brings back a tinge of dread and numbness. Though I hate parties and the social aspect of it, I couldn't help but feel a bit giddy of dressing up.

I sigh, nodding to myself. "Yeah, I know. We're going to talk it over with soup after the party."

Rima rumbles, watching me for a long second. "Just making sure," she says awkwardly. Her stare lingers a little too long like the worry and uncertainty seeping through the bond. When she takes off I feel her small hint of relief and guilt for being glad to have left such an emotional situation.