Chapter Sixty-One: Hostages in New York City

We accept the love we think we deserve

― Stephen Chbosky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strolling through Hogsmeade, I watch as Tom made his way through the crowd towards me. He gave me a curt nod, and I inwardly swear.

Tom had settled in well throughout the past week. We had stepped out into Hogsmeade to relax a bit from our part-time jobs only to realize we were being followed again.

"WHO the hell are these stupid ass witches messing with my girl!!??" Abaddon screeches, making a small smile perch on my lips.

"I have no idea." I muse back at him, watching as Tom strides to my side.

"You read their minds?" I whisper to him, and he nods.

"They were appointed by the head of the Auror Office to keep an eye on us." He admits and my eyes furrow in confusion. I'd read the mind of the woman eyeing us a couple of meters away.

"The person I read isn't an Auror." I hiss at him, and he realizes the same thing that I do.

"Grindelwald." We both say at the same time.

"Shite." I curse. "Let's get out of here, Tom," I demand and he shakes his head.

"No. Let's see what they want." He hisses, grabbing my forearm and hauling me behind him.

"Tom! TOM!" I snap, ripping my hand from his grasp. "Are you crazy!? There are seven ministry officials here!" I hiss, and he shrugs.

"So. We can take them." He shrugs. "At least I can. I don't know about you, little girl." He snarls, and I flinch back in surprise.

"Little girlllll come out come out wherever you areeeee."

"Little girl. I am going to find youuuuu."

"DON'T LET ME FIND YOU, LITTLE GIRL!! I WILL KILL YOU!"

My hands shake slightly as I retract them. "Tom," I say slowly, and then I glare at him. "If you ever call me that again, I will gauge your stupid little eyes out with my nonexistent nails and rip them apart in my bare hands as you stand and watch with empty eye sockets!" I snarl, eyes blazing in anger and fear.