Payment In Full

Morgianna stood at the edge of the woods watching the road that led into town. She estimated that Howser would show up relatively soon, as he would want to get his hands on the "evidence" as soon as possible. That and Morgianna knew that he would want to silence her, as she knew he was the killer. It's classic tying up loose ends mentality, that's how so many of the killers on the shows met their ends. They would either go back to the scene of the crime to get rid of evidence or they would be trying to get rid of loose ends and be caught.

Morgianna chuckled lightly as she saw Howser's form in the distance. He was still relatively far away, but his large frame was not easy to mistake. "He's here." Fafnir was deeper in the woods but with his hearing he heard her perfectly and got into position. He could not believe that the man fell for her plan so easily. He thought they would at least be waiting for a few hours while the man came up with plans of his own. Instead the man was a moron, all he saw was a small girl and immediately was disarmed by her presence. In a way Fafnir could not blame him, judging by the man's size there were not many men who were even his opponent so why should he be scared of a girl that was half his height?

Fafnir could tell the man was getting closer to the entrance of the woods, but he needed to stay hidden until Morgianna gave the signal. Too soon and they stood a chance of him trying to run away. The way Morgianna explained it to him was that the man would feel safe following her into a secluded spot because she was alone and a small girl. If he saw a man he would become guarded and it would not be as easy.

Howser looked at the girl in the red cloak ahead of him and could have sworn he saw a smile, however, it was gone the next second as if it was never there. He chalked it up to his imagination. "Alright, I am here. Give me the evidence." He held his hand out as if he expected her to pass it immediately.

"It is in the woods, would you like to come to get it or wait here?" Morgianna let her voice shake a little.

Howser shivered in delight thinking that the girl was scared. He started to think that the girl may go back on her word and run if he does not follow her. "I shall follow you then." He smirked as his words caused another shudder to run through her body.

"Do you have the silver?" To her question he pulled out a small bag opening it to show the coins within.

Morgianna only nodded not trusting that she would not begin to laugh if she tried to talk. This was too easy. She should have been an actress in her last life. She turned to the woods knowing that Fafnir was listening to their approach. They had chosen a group of trees earlier that day that was far enough from the town that they would not be heard. It was also densely packed to allow Fafnir to move freely among the branches without being seen until it was time.

"How far away is this evidence?" Howser asked skeptically as Morgianna led him farther from town and eventually of the beaten path.

"It's not much farther, I hid it out here so that nobody else would stumble upon it on accident." Howser nodded at her explanation, it made sense. Also, nobody would be likely to find her body in this remote location. He stared at her back as she walked ahead of him a evil smile forming on his lips as he thought of killing her.

Morgianna came to an abrupt stop causing Howser to almost trip. "Hey! Watch where you are going, I almost tripped because of you." His words died on his lips as he felt a shiver run down his spine. He looked over to Morgianna who was still standing in the same place, but now her lips had twitched up into a crazed smile showing her pearly white teeth.

"Tsk Tsk did your parents never teach you not to talk to strangers. Hell, it seems they did not teach you a lot of things as you thought it a good idea to not only stalk those young girls but to even commit murder. I bet you want to kill me too, don't you? I bet you came here with that very intention of getting the evidence that doesn't even exist by the way and ending my life."

Howser had only seen this girl as a bug that could be squished easily. She had seemed so scared just moments before, but now she seemed like hell a hellspawn. The aura she had released around her was not what he had felt back at his shop. He had taken her for some weak girl who wanted money.

"Look, ill give you the money and I will leave." He began to think coming here was a bad idea. Sure, she was just a little girl, but the feeling she was putting off was not of a child, but one that packed killing intent.

Morgianna did laugh then, a full belly laugh throwing her head back. It took her a couple of moments to get herself under control before leveling him with a glare. In her laughter her hood had fallen back revealing her young face and mismatched eyes.

Instead of being relieved to find that It was in fact a child in front of him, he was scared. It was during her laughter that he realized that he was not the predator, but the prey.

"Oh I will definitely be taking the money, but I will also be taking your head." Her words made his blood freeze. "You basically just paid me to kill you." She flashed him a megawatt smile full of malice.

Morgianna had never killed anyone before, but she could not find any repulsion at the idea of ending his pathetic life. "Fafnir." At her word Fafnir dropped from the trees landing directly behind Howser. In his drop he had made sure to hit one of Howsers vital points on his neck paralyzing him.

"It is not too late; I could be the one to end him." Fafnir offered as he watched Morgianna stride up to Howser's incapacitated body.

"No, It is something I must do." Morgianna was unsure how exactly the payment switch would go. She had seen the clock above Howser's head this morning and it had shown him living several more decades. Decades she was sure he would have used to terrorize the female population.

As she stepped closer to him, Howser was unable to even utter a word. His limbs felt heavy as if they were being held down by an unseen force. He wanted to run but could only widen his eyes.

Using her snow and water magic she formed a dagger. It was sharp and sparkled when beams of sunlight touched it. She squatted down in front of Howser, not feeling pity for the large man who lay prostrate in front of her.

"This is for Anna, and any other person you hurt." With those words she pushed the dagger between his ribs her destination his heart. His mouth opened in a silent scream, blood gurgling from his open mouth. His eyes were fixed on a spot over her shoulder wide in terror. Each time he tried to inhale a gurgling mess ending with a cough splattered his blood on the ground and her boots. She did not move away though, she stayed right there for what felt like hours waiting for him to take his last breath but in reality it was just a few moments.

Fafnir watched Morgianna expecting her to break down after killing someone but was met with an impassive face. As if she was not even the slightest bit bothered by the dead man at her feet whose blood was on her shoes.

When Howser's body finally stopped twitching Morgianna removed the dagger made from ice and plunged it into his neck making a fountain of blood squirt from the wound. To Fafnir's horror she began to saw in a back and forth motion causing her once soft white hands to become stained in red.

He went to stop her, to pull her away but was stopped instead by her cold voice. "We may have paid death, but this man was still a job. To prove we killed him, I am taking his head back." She did not turn to even look at Fafnir who stood behind her. She knew he disapproved of what she was doing, but honestly the man had it coming.

Once she had completely removed his head, she pulled a sack from her storage and promptly wrapped it before putting both back into her space. She patted his pockets quickly locating the silver he had in the pouch. She smiled to herself thinking of how dumb the man was to actually pay them to take his own head. Removing 25 pieces she passed the pouch to Fafnir.

"This is your portion for now. When we return to the Guild I will give you the rest." Fafnir stood there looking at the bloody pouch in his hands before shrugging a placing it in his pocket. If she was not bothered by what had transpired today then he shouldn't be either. It was not his first time seeing someone die, whether that be by his hands or someone else. He had only been worried that she would not be able to handle it.