|66| ~ Once Upon A Time ~

Unedited.
Embry's POV.

There is a sea of beautiful faces, watching me watch him as I stand at the top of the aisle with Gutter Butter by my side.

I suddenly begin to feel the distance, pulling myself away.

I can't do this. I can't do this.

"Yes, you can," says my wolf. "We can do this,"

"No! We can't," I start to feel anxious and my heart begins to beat outside of my chest. "It's just so strange," I tell her. "Our start was so rocky and our trails were so hard. It was a complete wreck, I c-,"

"Can do this," Cyrus' voice appears inside my head, taking my breath away. "Look at me," he orders. "Look at me, Sunshine,"

Without a second thought, I follow his command and then our eyes lock.

"You can do this," he tells. "I love you, sunshine. I need you. I will die if I have to wait another second without being fully mated to you. Come to me, Embry," his heart begins to cry out for me.

"Come to me, right now,"

And that is all that it takes to melt away my fears and the push that I need to follow my heart.

Cyrus is my heart. I take my first step down the aisle and I swear on my Goddess herself that time stops.

As I walk down the aisle, it is only him that I see.

As I walk down the aisle, I know in my heart of hearts that I'm walking towards my destiny.

As I walk down the aisle, any ounce of doubting the love that we feel for each other is chased away.

As I walk down the aisle, I begin to feel as if I'm living my wildest dreams come true today.

As I walk down the aisle I envision our future children drenched in love.

As I walked down the aisle I'm convinced that he is the heaven-sent present that was delivered to me by my Goddess herself.

As I walk down the aisle, every single moment which led me in his direction begins to glide across my memory as well.

As I walk down the aisle, I don't feel anything other than true love.

(Embry mind drift.)

There is a woman standing in front of a fire.

Her smile is forced, frozen, and numb.

Her hazel eyes are dull, sheltered, and reserved.

She is full of fear.

The wind softly blows around her.

She is not a dangerous woman.

She isn't the type of woman that has, fire burning in her veins.

She doesn't have a smoke on her lips.

Blood would never drip down her fist.

She would never place her hand close to a fire.

She refuses to play with fire.

She is too afraid to be burnt.

She doesn't want any scars that would be a constant reminder of what happens when you place your hands dangerously close to the flame.

She doesn't want to perish.

She doesn't want her legacy to be anything but a pile of ashes.

A man with a soul darker than coal comes and places the timid woman in chains.