|69| ~ The Hunt~

Unedited.
Cyrus POV.
Embry's wolf in media.

I'm making my way to beloved, mentally praying that she didn't feel Luscious arrival throughout our bond. Luckily for me, she didn't and I believe that I have the last new moon of winter to thank for that. A miracle.

The New Moon is here.

The Wolf Moon.

The Moon after Yule.

The Old Moon

The Ice Moon.

The Snow Moon, or whatever the fuck else moon that werewolves, lycans, witches, and gypsies would like to call it.

In fact, all four of those species share common beliefs when it comes to the superstitious power of the moon, believe it or not. Actually, that may just be the one thing out of all things that they have in common, now that I'm thinking about it. Although, each species believe each new moon represents different things.

For starters, witches and their descendants believe that this upcoming new moon has many properties that I really don't feel like exploring. Nor, do I care to, but I will say this.

To witches, witches' descendants, and witches kinfolks this upcoming new moon is the time to plant a seed to bloom. The time for new beginnings.

Literally. It's their baby-making season, which means a whole lot of fucking and I'm dead ass serious.

During old times, witches, gypsies, and warlocks would utilize this upcoming New Moon power to their full advantage. They would seek out new lovers or more like new flings unless they were tied to their paramour and they would hump like rabbits, just to increase their number in species. Many powerful witches in history were conceived around this time all in the name of ritual love.

Aurora the most powerful witch of all time, per see, would utilize this moon power to conceive her daughters. Legend has it that she would either seduce human lovers or make love to other warlocks, pray to her Goddess, and then boom the next thing you know she would be pushing out another hell-sent, ball of fire little witch.

Those magnificent but most certainly malicious creatures that we creatures of the night can't help but love to hate.

They are all truly pure evil. At least, the ones that I have had the displeasure of meeting are.

I always hated when one of them tagged along with Aurora to visit my oh-so-sweet, caring, and all-species-loving aunt. It was nothing but pure torture and I am not hypothetically speaking.

In all honesty, a lot of my infamous tremendous torture methods were inspired by one of them.

Moving along, werewolves and Lycans, both believe that the new moon is a time for healing and letting go of their destined duties or pack responsibilities because to them these new moons are a reset point for the lunar calendar, they're considered an ideal phase for planting new seeds in your life, launching new projects, or setting fresh intentions but most importantly letting things go that no longer serve you.

It's a time of new beginnings and the one night of each month when they can be carefree. Matter of fact, wolves tend to howl more often during the winter season transitioning into the spring because of this belief.

However, the only belief that we creators of the Night acknowledge about the moon is how powerful each moon and its phases can be.

To be quite frank, we don't give a fuck about the moon harness unless it's a Blood Moon or Dark Moon for obvious reasons. Although, I suppose that my current beliefs will no longer sustain me because of Embry. I know how important soon upcoming rituals are to Embry, which means that they are now important to me. I'm aware that this New Moon is extremely important to Embry and her wolf because of three main reasons.