Part 13

Jayne's head tolled like church bells, crashing into each other as the excessive wind threatened to break them. She pulled herself up and grabbed her forehead. She aches and turned her head to see the back of a man who's duvet is thankfully covering his lower body.

Oh, that's right.

She participated in the devil's tango. And not with a mob character. Life just couldn't get any better. Helios, he called himself. Helios was the name of the brother of the villainess Selene Vaxater.

On one hand, he's not a capture target in this game so it isn't that bad, on the other hand, she had slept with the villainess' brother, so it was really, really bad.

Selene and Helios never had the best relationship. The truth was they were half-siblings, their father cheated on Selene's mother with some commoner and when Selene's mother died when she was 10, her father decided to 'adopt' Helios into the family. And by 'adopt' he separated a son and a mother from each other and the mother soon died under 'mysterious circumstances'

Because Helios is a bastard, he doesn't hold as much power as Selene. And because of that, Selene forces him to do her dirty work, threatening to kill him otherwise, she did not hold any love for the boy who reminded her of her father's infidelity.

Why doesn't he go to his father for help? Well firstly, he hates the man, and secondly, even when he goes for help, the man doesn't actually care enough to help him and doesn't actually think Selene would kill him. Helios would have to disagree, she burnt off his right pinky toe after he refused to do what she said as a warning.

And now he is doing what she says by being here. She wanted him to go to the capital to find some girl called Jayne Smith and bring her over to their country so that she could 'have a talk.'

He pitied whoever the girl was.

He rolled over to look at his lover. Minor problem, she wasn't there. He shot out of bed, looking around his room but all traces of her were gone. He put on some pants and hurriedly rushed downstairs to the pub of the building, seeing the local drunks and bartend accompanying the room. He rested his arms on the doorframe that separated the bar and the stairs, "Hey, you didn't see that girl I was with yesterday did you?"

"She actually ran out of here about two minutes ago, sorry mate." The bartend cleaned a glass.

"Dammit!" He slammed the doorframe and went upstairs.

-

Jayne plonked herself onto her bed and was happily content to fall asleep then and there. She peacefully drifted off. But of course, the door swung opened, "Jayne!"

She only groaned.

"Jayne!" She recognised the voice of Abraham, who ran up to her.

"What!" She spat.

"Are you okay?" He knelt down beside her bed.

She sat up, "Uh, yeah? Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well..." He looked off to the side, "You, um, uh, you never returned to your room, and you weren't in the infirmary..."

"Are you saying that there are the only two locations I'm allowed to be in?" Her hangover made her more snarky than usual

His face paled, "What? No! NO! That's not what I'm saying it's just... you never came back here... to like... sleep and stuff, can't I be worried over a friend?"

She sighed at his endearment and scruffled his head, unaware of how much he really appreciated such a simple gesture. "I'm alright, as you can tell." She leaned towards him, but he, for the first time, retracted away from her.