Part 7

~7~ (Stacey's POV)

I walked into the store, the bell ringing to indicate someone was here. I looked around, there were herbs, stones and books. Glancing around, I tried to find the woman from the other day.

"Let me lock up and then we can talk?" the woman appeared out of nowhere, I gave a small scream before apologizing and nodding at her. I kept looking around, I have never walked into this store, I kind of figured I would get cursed or something and just steered clear from them. now I kind of regret not being brave enough to check it out. It was kind of cool and I was eyeing a few things I would love to buy, if I had the money. The woman walked over, smile on her face as she took my hand.

"Who are you?" I asked, I hadn't even gotten a name and yet she had given me a necklace.

"Sonja Saberneth." She answered.

"Oh......hi Sonja, I'm..."

"Stacey." She replied with. My mouth opened a little, did I give her my name? I don't think I did. I frowned and she smiled, stroking my cheek.

"Come with me to the basement, it will be safer to talk there."

I followed her down, feeling like maybe this wasn't a great idea and yet at the same time, I felt safe. She turned on a switch, light flooding the basement. I expected to find cobwebs and lots and lots of boxes. But there were shelves, lined with stones, vials, herbs, books and boxes that weren't opened. There was a table and two chairs, she offered me a chair. I sat down, still glancing around. There were heaps and heaps of books and herbs and stones. I looked back to Sonja and gave a small smile. I waited as she picked a book up and brought it over, before handing it over to me. I could feel this warmth in my fingers, I flicked open the cover, one hand supporting the book, I used the other to flick through pages.

"Grimoire?" I was a little confused, this was meant to belong to a witch as far as I knew. She nodded when I looked at her, encouraging me to read through. I flicked at a page before stopping on one that had me frowning and really reading the words.

"Siphonor?" I quired. That word rang through my head like a bell. I rubbed my chest an ache blooming in my heart. I re read the page again, feeling like somehow, I knew all of this. I put the book down gently in front of me before crossing my fingers together and shifting through my thoughts.

"I can see something recognizes the information."

"I feel like I......I don't know, heard this?" I tried to not feel so crazy. I let a frustrated sound out, turning back to her. "You said I don't know who I am."

"Yes. You don't know who you are."

"Who am I?" I frowned, this woman must be a psychic or something. She brought an unlit candle out, placing it in the centre. She whispered something and it lit. I gasped, jumping out of my chair, my eyes watching the flame. That couldn't not be some kind of trick. I reached out, feeling the heat as I near the flame. I pulled my hand back and just starred at Sonja. She smiled at me.

"I didn't think it would frighten you." She mused with a smile.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Magic." She answered. 

We spent an hour talking about magic, I felt my head exploding with this information. I was needing more questions answered then I was getting answers. She handed me this stone. I looked at it before looking back at her with a shrug.

"What do you want me to do with it?" I asked. she pointed at my hand.

"You already doing it."

I looked down, noticing this red glow under my hand. that's when I felt the fire inside was being smothered by something. I gasped; this was different. How did I not know notice any of this before? I watched, feeling fascinated by what I was doing. I touched a finger, a second later, a red glow came from my finger that was touching the stone.

"Siphonor." I felt my eyes widened. I was a Siphonor, which meant I was a...

"Witch." Sonja nodded.

"Can you read my mind?" I asked quickly. She laughed and shook her head.

"No child, you are easy to read."

I nodded, that was a fair call, Lilly said I had a readable face and would suck at poker if we ever went to Las Vegas.

"I'm a witch?" I questioned, Sonja gave me a gentle smile and nodded.

"Yes child."

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"There is much to talk with you about, but we are out of time. The Vampires will be around soon, ensuring we are not practising."

"Vampires?" I spluttered out. No way! Vampires couldn't be real, could they? I felt like something inside me was screaming, like I knew vampires. I frowned, really trying to dig through my thoughts. I could feel this fuzz in my head before my head throbbed. A second later the throbbing dulled off. I opened my eyes, relaxing my face.

"I see someone has spelled your memoires."

"Spelled my memories?" I was confused by this. Why would someone want to do that? What did I do to them? did I do something before the accident? Did I hurt someone? My mind was spinning before someone grabbed my hand a squeezed. I looked at our hands, the red glow. Sonja dropped my hand; I saw the pain that flashed over her face before she smiled at me.

"We will discuss this more, does tomorrow work for you?" she asked. I nodded. "Good, meet me in the graveyard by Celeste's tombstone." I nodded, committing the name Celeste into my memory. I felt a small shudder at that name, like it had power behind it. I had left the store, quickly walking the two blocks back to my apartment. I looked around, feeling fear crawling down my spine. vampires were real, witches were real. What's next? Werewolves?