eight

《 (F/n)'s day 》

《 (F/n)'s day 》

That day, each member of the (l/n) family had to head outside for several reasons. (Y/n) went gift hunting with Nayeon and Hoseok while Yoongi hung with his friends. (M/n) and Jungkook were at the latter's dentist appointment, to his greatest displeasure.

Because all of them were outside, Jimin finally had the chance to spend some time alone with (F/n) in order to know him better and try to bond.

Mister (l/n) secretly liked Jimin. He saw him as a charming, polite, and serious man who might be good for his daughter. However, wouldn't it be too easy if he showed right away? He needed to scare Jimin first.

"Is that-"

"Yes, Jimin. This is a ping pong table." they were both standing in the father's office room "Let's play."

Jimin nodded with no further question. He was well aware of (f/n)'s attempt to seem authoritarian, so he played along not to disappoint him. Also, he liked ping pong as well. But hey—should he loose on purpose? Or offend him and show his really skills?

"May I go to the bathroom first?"

(M/n) chuckled like a bad guy would. "Already scared, I see. I'm nice, I won't let you shit yourself."

Jimin forced a laugh, but the older man remained silent although his inner self wanted to laugh its ass off.

Once in the bathroom, Jimin took his phone out of his pocket and texted his girlfriend to question her. Unfortunately, the girl seemed to busy to bother giving him a valuable advice. Taking a deep breath, Jimin made a quick decision and promised himself to respect it. He wanted to impress Mister (l/n).

"Before we begin, I need to tell you something." said the older man "I'm no pro, but ping pong is my life."

There was an uncomfortable silence during which both men stared at each other. One of them was a bit embarrassed by his own revelation, whereas the other one realized he had to change his plans. He couldn't lead the poor man to a defeat, it would break his heart and probably hurt his ego. And Jimin knew that nothing was as fragile as male ego.

"Well, I have to be honest with you. I suck at it!"

A glimpse of relief crossed (f/n)'s eyes, but the blond-haired male said nothing.

"If you win, I'll allow you to date my daughter." Jimin nodded, although he was dating her already. "If you lose, you'll have to leave right away."

With that being said, the game began. And quickly ended with Jimin's victory, leaving a pity (F/n) behind. A ping pong game couldn't be that serious to Jimin, yet it meant the world to his girlfriend's father. Which is why he started to cry when he realized his defeat.

"Oh, sir!"

For a moment, Jimin completely ignored his surroundings and the relationship he shared with the sad looking man. All he wanted was to comfort him. So, he rushed towards the fifty-six years old and tapped his back in an attempt to calm him down.

"Don't be so sad sir, it's just a game! Also, I did my best to win so I could marry your daughter."

Suddenly, the cries were louder. Jimin paused, observing the man's face turn into some displeasing grimace. He sniffed loudly, shaking his head from left to right, ready to say something. Yet, his cries were too intense for him to be able to speak properly. So, he stood up and rushed outside, leaving a confused and worried Jimin behind.

~ ~

It was only half an hour later that both men would meet again. Out of the blue, the older one offered Jimin to go for a walk and have a chat.

"The sky is as grey as my heart..." muttered Mr.(L/n) "I'm in pain Jimin, this is hard for me."

Jimin was getting even more worried by each minute. The severe-looking man turned into a broken one.

The streets were pretty crowded ; numerous of people shopping and wandering under the snow. The scenery was beautiful, much to (F/n)'s amazement. Due to work and family life, he never really took the time to wander by himself and appreciate the outside world. Although Jimin was with him, he felt at ease.

Soon, the men reached a residential area which was quiet enough to allow a proper conversation.

"I know I can seem scary, but all I really want is to protect my daughter." Jimin pinched his lips, thinking the exact opposite. "(Y/n) is my whole world, along with (M/n) and the rest of our kids. Hoseok and Yoongi are grownups, whereas Jungkook and Nayeon still need us. (Y/n) is still in between, that's why it is so difficult for me to accept your relationship. You seem like a nice guy, polite and respectful of my daughter."

The young man nodded, feeling proud. "I have no attention to hurt her. She makes me happy; she changed my life. (Y/n) is a part of me now, like she's a part of you."

(F/n) chuckled. "But she won't be by my side anymore."

"Of course she will! She loves you a lot, you know? She was anxious about the whole meeting situation! She wants me to like you guys, and that's the case. You have a lovely family Mister (l/n), and that is thanks to each of you."

Sensitive (F/n) quickly hid his face out of embarrassment, flattered by Jimin's sweet words. He slid his hands in his pockets, thinking of his daughter's smile growing bigger whenever Jimin was around. He made her happy as well, anyone could tell. For that, (F/n) would always be grateful.

"If (Y/n) trusts you, I trust you. Keep her happy, she deserves it."